Isabella

A week later, the night before the October Wine Festival 

Isabella went to bed troubled by the fact that Silas wasn't attentive to her, in fact, she hadn't seen him in a full week. Was he hiding from her, she thought, did he find her repulsive to look at? All kinds of things have crossed her mind, but in the end, the answer was simple, he didn't want her. He was the only man she ever wanted and he didn't want her! Her heart sank, was he in love with another? Mayhap she could talk to him in the morning, would he think it too bold and inapropiate behavior if she asked him to dance with her during the festivities? Kyra and Amira had suggested that she make the first move. They said sometimes the MacAlister men were hard headed and needed that extra push, and so she decided that that was exactly what she was going to do, come morning she would do something daring! 

The seamstress upon Isabella's request a few days ago, had made her a gown that had a revealing neckline and was in a fashion above and beyond anything anyone has ever seen on their land. She has kept the gown hidden from everyone wanting Silas to be the first to see it on her to surprise him. He will fall madly in love with her once he sees her in this gown, she thought, It was like no other! Closing her eyes, Isabella finally fell asleep peacefully after a whole week of torture.

The next day everyone was excited to be going to the yearly festival where hundreds of clans get together to celebrate. 

"There better be games and good food there or I'm not going anywhere!" The brat stomped her little feet on the marble floor. 

Bella rolled her eyes and yawned, she wished someone would bring the paddle and spank the brats arse. The cat knew it will be terror bringing the brat with, and she for one, didn't want to travel to the Fest in the same carriage ride as her. 

"Stop moving so I could comb your hair!" Dora yelled at her charge. She was sick and tired of the spoiled brat and was planning on having  a talk with Stephan.

"I can't wait for Christmas! I'll be much older and you won't be my charge anymore, and I will be able to do as I please!"

Archangel Gabriel's lips curled into a smile, he loved the fire inside her, but the mention of Christmas quickly wiped the smile off his face. By the time Christmas season comes along she will be in her twenties, he has to beg the masters to release him of his duties, he didn't want to be her guide anymore!

**************

On the main floor, Stephan was giving last minute orders to his warriors, and heard Gabriel's thoughts. December was going to be a trying month for everyone. With New Years around the corner, and the whole incident in New York and the crystal in Time square that will be a threat to humanity, it will be a very stressful time even for him.

Stephan turned around and couldn't help but notice how Silas was sitting by himself in deep thought, turning his head to the other side of the room, he witnessed James smash the table with his powerfull fist. Both of them were suffering from the love bug, Stephan thought, it was too sad though that James will suffer the worst of the two. Turning his attention back to his warriors, he gave the order to prepare to leave for the Wine Festival.

Silas decided to go to the Festival with the Warriors. He wasn't going to risk getting stuck accompanying the women of Sterlingshire. He didn't think he could handle being around Isabel without wanting to bed her. She had a powerful effect on him and he wasn't going to allow himself to fall into her trap! 

"Damn!" James cursed out loud, as he pushed past the Warriors and marched out of the castle. 

Threading his fingers through his thick mane of raven hair, James tried but did not succeed in stopping the pain in his heart, it had crippled him to pieces! He had to find her and fast, before he lost his sanity. She looked to be from the future, her way of dress was not like theirs. James closed his eyes and an image of her appeared in his mind.

"Oh God," he moaned "how shall I find thee, where do I start looking?"

"What was that? " Daniel teased from behind him. "you going senile? I heard you talking to yourself!

"Shut your trap before I break your jaw!" James threatened, before he walked away from his brother.

Michael heard the exchange between his brothers and shook his head, what is happening with his family, he thought, how are they going to protect earth on New Year's Eve if they can't band together peacefully and work side by side without trouble?

Walking up between Tristan and Nicholas, Michael said in a low tone of voice for their ears alone, "Watch the two of them during the festivities, I won't have one of them drinking too much and causing a scene?" 

"Aye," they both nodded at the same time.

Michaels gaze turned to his wife who was climbing on her horse. He ran up to her quickly to help her and she gave him the most loving gaze he had ever seen. His heart melted and he didn't think that anyone could love a woman more than he loved her. "Hold on to the reins tightly and follow the caravan, I will be right behind you, we shall stop to rest if you desire to." He told her, and Kyra did not miss the way his eyes blazed with love. 

************ 

Isabella sat in the huge carriage with the other MacAlister women. She had covered her gown with a black cloak, not wanting anyone to see it until they arrived at the festival. Yasmin eyed her carefully, but didn't say a word, she wondered why the beautiful young women wasn't proposed to yet. 

"Isabella, be careful at the festival, you will have many secret admirer's and you must stay close to us at all times. A beautiful woman like you should not be without a chaperone at a festival." Yasmin said.

"She has nothing to worry about, my uncles will not allow anyone to go near the MacAlister women!" Violet cut in and said. "We will be heavily guarded at all times!"

"Will Kalan join us at the festivities?" Nessa asked.

"No he will not!" Violet answered in a clipped tone of voice.

"Why not?"

"Because I didn't invite him!" Violet admitted.

"Why didn't you invite him?" Amira asked with surprise.

"Because he is a liar!" Violet snapped.

"What has he lied to you about?" Her mother asked.

"He never told me he has three children!" 

"That doesn't mean he is a liar," Nessa said, in Kalan's defense, "just because he didn't tell you about it doesn't mean that he lied about it!"

"The third child is named Rebecca, and she was born in the mirrors after Kalan found out I was his soulmate, which means he slept with Prilla knowing that I was his mate!" Violet hissed, " and I shall never forgive him for that, nor shall I forget!"

Yasmin bit her tongue not wanting to reveal to Violet that while in the mirror's, Kalan was also Prilla's sex prisoner in her bed, Stephan had told her, but she decided not to tell Violet. No good can come out of it anyhow, she thought, as silence fell inside the carriage. 

Bella covered her ears not wanting to be a part of this conversation. She knew what Violet was capable of and she felt sorry for Kalan. Throwing her eyes to the other side of the carriage, Bella noticed that the brat was fast asleep. Oh God, she thought with dismay, I forgot to bring with me a bottle of aspirins!

Outside the MacAlister's surrounded the carriage, guarding it with their life. Their most valued treasures were in there and they made sure that is was safe at all times. Michael rode his stallion behind Kyra's, and kept his eyes on his wife one hundred percent. He knew that if anything were to happen to her, he would not be able to live a day without her. He hated the fact that she was riding on her horse instead of being inside the carriage with the rest of the MacAlister women where it was safe, but he didn't  have a choice, she fluttered her eyes lashes at him and he melted at her feet.

Note: the MacAlister's won by far, so James is paulettas soulmate. You see, your votes do count!!! 

Thank you for your love and support, it means the world to me!!'❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️