Chapter 21: The baby

"I-I.... I didn't give birth to her! I swear Jimin!"

          Jimin looked back at the picture and got silent. "J-Jungkook... W-who is she?"

         Jungkook got silent thinking if he should lie or not. "Jimin... Let's talk about this later..."

         "No... No! No Jungkook please no! Let me kno-" Jimin suddenly grew silent. "That little girl is your daughter... You and Je-anne's daughter.. Isn't she? Je-anne gave birth to that girl... Both of you h-had her.." Jimin began to cry and shake his head. "Jungkook! How could you!?"

            Jimin didn't know why he was in tears, Jungkook was never Jimin's, yet Jimin was in tears feeling something for the young man near him. Jungkook pulled Jimin close into a hug. "Jimin... That little girl.. She's no longer here."

         "D-did Je-anne take her?" Jimin asked quietly.

         "...none of us did... My little girl.. S-she..died a month ago." Jungkook confessed as Jimin looked up and teared up even more. This was the big change that started Jungkook's Monophobia. It wasn't only the break up with his ex, it was their child's death that caused Jungkook to be like this. Jimin now felt guilty, he made Jungkook touch on the subject even if he didn't want to talk about it... But he only spoke about it because Jimin wanted an answer.

          "I-I am so sorry, Jungkook!" Jimin cried into the arms of the younger. "I-I'll do it for you..but please don't pay me.. I chose to do this for you." Jimin was accepting the job because Jungkook lost his daughter.. But he refused to get payed. Jimin took this as a way of Jungkook being in denial for losing the baby... Jungkook just needed to get over it eventually.

        Jungkook placed his hand on Jimin's face and caressed his cheek gently making a smile. "Are you sure? Don't you need a job?"

          "I'll find one. For you, I'll do it for free. I want to keep you happy.. and I want to help you get over this ." Jimin closed his eyes in Jungkook's arms happily as the young man held Jimin close in his arms tightly like a baby.

           Jungkook stood up with Jimin in his arms and took him out of the room but before he can walk any further, Jimin lowered himself and got off Jungkook's arms. "J-Jungkook.. Wait.." Jimin stuttered. "Do you want to talk about this?" Jimin asked as Jungkook had his hands resting on Jimin's waist gently. Jungkook looked into Jimin's worried eyes for a second, "I know I forced you to talk about this... But I can't help but to wonder. What was her name? How old was she? And did her death seperate Je-anne and you?" Jimin questioned as Jungkook grew silent again.

          "Her name was Lila, she was only 6 months old and no, her death didn't seperate us.. It only brought me and Je-anne even farther. We were already separated." Jungkook replied. "I never wanted to tell you this... But I guess the picture in the room made you question it, huh.."

          "H-how did she.... You know.." Jimin asked as Jungkook couldn't take in his tears any longer. Jungkook sobbed shaking his head slightly as he covered his face. It seemed too soon for him to talk about the baby's death that happened last month. Jimin hugged Jungkook and allowed the young man to cry on Jimin's shoulder. "Jungkook... I'm sorry.. I'll ask another time.."

        "I-I was a horrible father!" Jungkook cried hugging Jimin. "T-too soon..g-gone too soon." Jungkook whispered as Jimin looked up at Jungkook holding him tightly.

           Jimin understood why this was all a secret to everyone. Jungkook was embarrassed to speak about this situation.. He grew emotional just thinking of Lila. To top it all off, Jungkook and Je-anne was young... They never had plans on a child but Lila was there and they had to live with her in their life. However, something along the way seperated the couple before Lila's death... This had yet to be told by Jungkook but Jimin only wanted to ask questions time to time so gently. The last thing the older boy wanted to do was torture Jungkook with the past.

          Later on the day, Jimin decided to sleep over at Jungkook's house because Jungkook feared Jimin leaving. He begged and begged for the older boy to stay, so Jimin stayed only to make Jungkook feel safe. There was never a time where Jimin chose to leave.. and he was never going to leave Jungkook like this.

         Jimin was asleep in Jungkook's bed as the younger man turned off the lights to sleep on the bed with the pink haired boy. Jimin didn't expect Jungkook to wrap his arms around Jimin and hold him close, Jungkook just held Jimin in his arms as he silently cried thinking of his daughter when she was alive.. No part in Jungkook missed Je-anne.. he only thought of his daughter, and was left in guilt. He blamed Lila's death on himself and he couldn't explain to Jimin why.