Chapter 6: What it does

Just as Jimin got closer to his house with Jungkook, he turned to face the younger and smiled. "Well, this is where I live.." Jimin pointed to his small yet comfortable and elegant white home.

          "I'll be sure to make the account and video chat with you..." Jungkook smiled at the boy.

      Jimin stared at Jungkook wondering what to do now.. How do they say goodbye? A hug? A bow? A gentle wave?

         Jungkook walked in for a hug as Jimin raised his hand to wave but then the two switched. Jungkook then raised his hand to wave but Jimin held his arms open for a hug. Jungkook then giggled and waved turning around walking off as Jimin stood there still having his arms out as he slowly dropped it to scratch his head nervously and head home.

            Along Jungkook's way home.. He made an account on skype to contact Jimin as soon as possible because he couldn't even think about himself being alone for so long! He verified his username and quickly added Jimin.

          Jungkook got home closing the door behind him and didn't bother to turn on the lights. "..I'm home..." Jungkook whispered in the dark so he wouldn't seem so lonely. He tried to confront his fear but this was too much for him. He felt his ears go deaf and his voice go mute. He closed his eyes looking at the ground nearly close to crying when..... He heard a baby coo. Jungkook opened his eyes widely and felt scared. He was afraid to the point where he couldn't even move! This is what happens to him everynight...and everyday.

            Jungkook thought he would get use to it by now but he didn't.. He was even more scared then before! Jungkook finally moved his fingers a bit as he was able to move his hand now! He then grabbed his phone from his pocket.. His breathing increased at the fear of the babies voice getting louder and turn into a cry... Jungkook then slammed his fingers onto the phone and  pressed the call.

        Jimin was laying in bed when he recieved the skype call and he quickly answered it worried his friend was feeling afraid. As soon as Jimin answered, Jungkook felt relieved to hear Jimin's voice as he had the call on speaker.

         "Hello!" Jimin answered as Jungkook wiped a tear and looked at the phone seeing Jimin there. "Jungkook? Why are you in the dark? Turn on the lights."

        "Yes." Jungkook finally got up and walked over to his light and switched it on looking around his house happily.. He began to walk around talking to Jimin and paying attention to Jimin. Jungkook didn't feel afraid anymore... He was more brave now. He felt like he can hear again.. Jungkook felt like he can talk again! He walked down the hall talking to his friend when suddenly, he realized a white door to a hidden room he kept off limits from anyone... was left open. Jungkook stared at the door as he grew silence while Jimin spoke about his main job.

          "But they sent me home early... I felt so bad! It was like th- hey... Jungkook? Are you okay?" Jimin asked as Jungkook pulled on the door knob that had a pink ribbon tied to it, shut. He would always enter the room, but the reason was kept a secret from everyone he knew.

         Jungkook nodded and resumed smiling. "Yes, Park Jimin." Jungkook chuckled walking down the hall to his bedroom. Jungkook walked into the dark room and switched the light on and closed the door behind him.

            "Don't worry Jungkook, I'll be available to you so we can chat every night if you want to." Jimin claimed. He was ready to be there for Jungkook along the way to make the younger feel safe.

            "I appreciate it, Mister." Jungkook giggled at the name he gave Jimin.

            "Don't call me that! Just call me Jimin." Jimin giggled as Jungkook layed back on the bed laughing. The two were talking together as real friends would do. Jimin was just so surprised on how well this friendship has been for only two days!

         As they talked for a while, they eventually switched to laptops and allowed their phones to charge. Jimin layed on his bed kicking his legs back and forth in the air like a school girl as he told Jungkook about his favorite things. Jungkook was sitting properly on his bed holding the computer and watching Jimin. At times Jungkook had a serious face but this face he did wasn't meant to come off wrong.. He was just interested in the topic.

           As the conversation died down a bit around 11pm, Jimin thought of Jungkook claiming how falling in love made him feel afraid and decided to ask about it. "Jungkook, earlier you told me your fears... You explained the feeling of loneliness... But never the fear of falling in love.." Jimin focused on Jungkook. "Would you tell me about that?"

              "Love... feeling love? I tried it before.. and it only left me hurt. Now? I don't want anything to do with it... I'm afraid of what it can do! Has the power to make someone go insane to ruining a good friendship... Love isn't for me." Jungkook claimed looking at the keys of the white mac book. "If I fear it... that shows, it isn't for me. Jungkook looked up at Jimin and stayed silent. "Who would love a sensitive, scaredy-cat like me again?"