Chapter 16: Pink slip

It was 6am in the morning, Jimin woke up and was getting ready for work. Last night, Jungkook tucked Jimin in and watched him until the boy closed his eyes. But that didn't mean Jimin was asleep... Jimin then opened his eyes to stare around the room but Jungkook wanted the boy to sleep.

        Jungkook read Jimin a different folktale until Jimin actually fell asleep this time! Jimin sighed thinking of the way Jungkook set him to sleep that night. While putting on his tie, Jimin realized Jungkook was asleep on the floor.

             Jimin's eye's widened just seeing his friend on the floor. "Jungkook!" Jimin threw his tie around his neck and left it there as he went to help Jungkook onto the bed.

           "I-I'm awake!" Jungkook woke up quickly and looked up at Jimin. "Leaving so soon?"

          "I have work." Jimin pulled Jungkook's hand and took him up to stand. "Why didn't you sleep with me on my bed?" Jimin wondered as Jungkook smiled and shook his head.

           "Jimin, that's your bed." Jungkook added.

           "You've been on it before.." Jimin claimed beginning to tie his black tie. "Are you going to the library?"

          "Yes, I need to head over there to read for the kids and then get to work."

           "That's well.. I guess I'll see you soon." Jimin waved at Jungkook and walked off until he heard Jungkook commanding Jimin to stop.

            "Jimin, stop!" Jungkook shouted as Jimin turned around.

          Jimin looked back in shock, "Jungkook please it's too early for that.." Jimin whispered. "Indoor voices please.."

           Jungkook let out a chuckle and went over to Jimin fixing his tie. "Jimin you need to eat and this tie was tied poorly."

           "I'll eat when I get to the cafe at my workplace." Jimin assured as Jungkook finished up with Jimin's tie.

           "Okay.. Please stay safe.." Jungkook claimed as Jimin gave Jungkook a big hug before leaving the room. Jungkook was going to sleep until storytime at the library. Jungkook was only staying to sleep but he knew when he woke up he'll have to leave the house to avoid a random panic attack. The ugly feeling of having those attacks was one of the many reasons he hated having Monophobia.

          Jimin soon arrived into work waving and greeting his friendly colleagues before heading to the cafe in the building to buy atleast something to eat before running off to his boss's office where Mr. Young would wait for Jimin.

            Jimin enjoyed his coffee and a medium sized container of Tteok. After eating, Jimin made walked over to his boss's office hoping not to be sent home so early..

          However, Jimin walked in to see his boss talking to another person and giving the man orders like he was the assistant. "Goodmorning, Mr. Young." Jimin bowed and walked in as Mr. Young smiled and stood up holding two envelopes.

            "Here you go!" Mr. Young smiled handing the two envelopes to Jimin as the young man behind Mr. Young let out a snicker.

            Jimin accepted the two envelopes and held it opening the first one to reveal a big check! Normally it wasn't what he would be paid... but Jimin looked up in surprise. "Mr. Young... You wouldn't pay me like this before..." Jimin claimed opening the other envelope. The boy was expecting something greater but what he found was a pink slip... This pink slip was a document showing Jimin was fired from his job.

           Jimin looked up about to tear up when Mr. Young held out his hand to shake with Jimin's. "Thankyou for helping me out for all this time." Mr. Young waited for the handshake but Jimin shook his head and began to sob.

        "M-Mr. Young! I-I had extra strong coffee today because I wanted to be energetic today..." Jimin cried as the man behind Mr. Young was smiling. That man was going to be Mr. Young's new assistant.

           "I know you tried.. But we both saw this coming, you weren't much of an interesting and fun assistant I needed. Not to be mean or anything, but everytime I was around you... You made me want to sleep!"

            "I-I'm sorry, I thought this was coming but never expected to be fired..." Jimin's tears dropped onto the pink slip. "This was my last pay.."

          "You have been very helpful, Jin!"

          "W-who's Jin?!" Jimin sobbed and stormed out of the office as the new assistant coughed.

        "I believe his name was, 'Park Jimin,' Sir." the man claimed as they took a moment to think on it.

          "What did I say?" Mr. Young asked.

           "You said Jin, sir. The idol, Jin."

          Mr. Young and the assistant began to laugh hysterically not caring about the moment. "I never got the boy's name right!" Mr. Young added.

           "Mr. Young, what was the real reason why you fired the young man?" The new assistant asked.

          "He asked me to do it! I'm just laughing because he acted like he didn't send me that e-mail last night telling me to fire him!" Mr. Young began to laugh again. "Such a funny boy."