Chapter 8: Coffee

Jungkook looked up seeing Jimin run up to the front of the library. "Woah, Jimin! calm down." Jungkook commented as he walked up to the fast older man who was taking a breath. "You ran so fast I hardly noticed you!" Jungkook turned off the video chat and faced Jimin.

          "Well, I didn't want to be late." Jimin added with an exhausted face.

           "Now you really do need coffee!" Jungkook held Jimin's hand and walked off with the boy until he was reaching the cafe with Jimin.

            As the two went along to sit in the coffee shop. Jungkook stared at Jimin again making the the older boy feel very uncomfortable... Jungkook had no emotion but a blank face. It was almost as if he would think of something everytime he gazed at Jimin.

             Jimin broke the silence asking Jungkook which coffee would he get while playing with a small pack of sugar. "Jungkook? What type of coffee are you getting?"

           "I'm not into coffee." Jungkook claimed laying back on the seat watching Jimin as if he was still seeing something in Jimin's eyes.

         "T-then why did you choose this place if you don't like coffee?" Jimin wondered.

         "Because I'd know you like coffee so I thought might aswell invite you for coffee, but you're the only one drinking here." Jungkook looked at the menu. "If you like anything I can get it for you."

             Jimin's first thought on this was, "Why is he sounding like a parent?" Jimin wondered as he shook his head. "I can pay." Jimin claimed as he took out the coffee menu for himself and looked at the variety of types of coffee's that can be brewed. "Jungkook, there's tea here too... Would you like me to order you one?"

          Jungkook shook his head. "No thankyou Jimin, I can't waste your money."

          "Yet you can waste yours?" Jimin asked and then tsked. "Jungkook, when I offer something... please accept it." Jimin claimed feeling like the actual mature one here compared to Jungkook.

           Jungkook shook his head again. "I'm alright." Jungkook layed on the table watching Jimin pick from the menu.

         Jimin looked up at the younger and sighed. "Jungkook! I need to get you somethin-"

         Jungkook began to laugh. "Jimin, no I'm alright. You enjoy it." Jungkook sat up making a smile at Jimin to show he was going to be alright.

           When the waiter came around, Jimin ordered Jungkook atleast a bottle of water making the man stare at Jimin once the older said, "and one bottle of water, thankyou."

         Jimin looked at Jungkook pulling a smirk. "Jungkook, that water is for you." Jimin whispered.

        Jungkook nervously smiled while scratching his hair. "I told you I wouldn't want anything."

        "Oh there must have been something in my ear. I couldn't hear you saying that before." Jimin joked as Jungkook laughed along.

         During their meet up at the coffee shop, Jimin and Jungkook discussed about the love topic again. Jimin knew this was such a personal topic to touch on but he wanted to know what secrets Jungkook held..

           "Jungkook... When did you break up with her?" Jimin asked curiously.

          "...I broke up with her about a month ago.." Jungkook claimed drinking out of his bottle of cold water.

          "Did it hurt?"

          "Of course it did... she left me like this... so sensitive and scared..." Jungkook confessed. "However... I don't think she was ever mines to begin with."

           Jimin then leaned over across the table and caressed Jungkook's light brown hair. "Everything's going to be just fine.. You'll lose people along the way but that's okay! As long as you hold your friends close... You'll be just fine."

         Jimin smiled as Jungkook nodded looking into his friend's eyes. "Thankyou... Jimin..."

          "Just saying what's right." Jimin sat back onto his chair looking out the window. "I always wonder... How is it like to take care of a child..." Jimin claimed as Jungkook focused on the boy now.

          "A baby or just a child?" Jungkook asked the older boy.

          "Hmm.. both.." Jimin stated with a smile. "I've heard it took so much responsibility.."

         "So much responsibility..." Jungkook whispered looking at the table now watching the drop of cold water run down the side of the plastic bottle.

             "So you are a father?" Jimin questioned as Jungkook's eyes widened.

           "I-I take c-care of children, Jimin!" Jungkook sputtered as Jimin giggled.

          "I know. I was just playing, Jungkook!" Jimin laughed and layed his head on the table. "You are too young to have kids or make someone else have kids.."

          "Do I?" Jungkook asked looking as if his tone has changed to gloomy.

        "You are 20-years old right? Still so young. Straight out of your teen years." Jimin held Jungkook's hand. "You are young."

       Jungkook remained silent just staring at Jimin. His mind clouded with many things... many hidden secrets and dark words that remained in his head making him experience this fear.. But, when Jimin was there to keep him company, he felt the horrible feelings disappear and that dark hole of emptiness, grew small.. and that darkness turned into light.