Daniel blinked for about a thousand times the past ten minutes. It was of disbelief, of course.

'Did she notice?'

Well it was the least of his worries at the moment.

She was here!

For a second, he wasn't able to distinguish her feats.

The Kathryn in front of him was a completely different person. Her once long, brown hair was now streaked red, and sported short. Pale pink lips were daubed a cherry red, so was both cheeks. Hazelnut orbs replaced dark brown ones, yet her stare was as heavy as before.

His heart just recognized her. It had to. Even through the slightest discrepancies.

After she made a successful endeavor of wiggling herself into his heart just with her sparkling eyes and puckered lips, he just knew when she was there. Paradoxically, a meter away.

His heart would pick up it's pace. Sort of like SVT. Just none of the serious predicaments.

There goes another ten minutes.

"Fudge.." He curses mentally, "How could she make sipping frappucinos seem serene?"

He had the answer.

She was every bit, a God sent, piece of heaven. To him. For him.

"I figured that I should drop by before I left for Canada, again. My flight's in a week."

"Thank you." Three long years.

He wasn't sure where he hid his whims of love and pining. His covetous words were lost in the sea of confusion, whipping his shores of common sense useless.

"... And if I'm being completely honest with myself, I'd say I miss you." She chuckles, as if what came out of her mouth was not capable of putting a stop to his breathing.

Again, she was wrong. "I miss you, too."

"So you'd willingly spend a day with me?"

OF FUCKING COURSE.

Daniel felt the rush jolting up. The offer was something he did not expect, but he was secretly wishing for.

So much so that his mental list of curse word substitute — which he needed to enlist in order to be a 'good' role model to his little nieces and nephews — were to no avail as of right now.

"Think of it as our first date. The long, overdue date that I owed you."

A minute after that, he found himself bidding his mother goodbye.

And as she mentioned, it was his well deserved break.

Both her and God knew how much his life hanged up on the café after Kathryn's departure.

It was where they first met.

But it was also where she broke his heart, for 55 times.

--------------------

"Don't you find your clothes too.... Constricting?"

The clothes she wore were certainly fashionable — faux fur being a big part of her coat and boots — but the temperature, as though numbingly cold, did not demand such a frivolous attire.

A warm smile spread along her lips, brightening her face even more so. "No. I'm very comfortable, thank you very much."

For the longest time, Daniel caught himself staring at her. Again. He wasn't counting, but an hour of today was surely spent leisurely with just his gaze not leaving her. Even as they skipped their way to the park they've grown up with.