Chapter 22: Min Holly

Yoongi's POV

Although Seulji is awake, it feels like she isn't. She doesn't talk much and only talks whenever I ask her questions. She really needs to be out of here so that we can do things for her to at least leave the thought of our baby aside and be happy to avoid depression.

Right now she's quietly watching the television as we wait for her food to arrive. Our parents have decided to just visit her to our house tomorrow since she'll be discharged.

Bona said, she's showing some signs of depression, making me really worried about my wife. Whenever I try to talk to her, I will just find her eyes shut and in a deep sleep.

I was back to my senses when the knock of the door sounded which was probably made by the person outside which I assume is the staff  that will be giving her food. The door opened and I was right. She placed the food on the table beside Seulji's bed. "Enjoy your meal, ma'am," she said then bowed her head before leaving the room.

I stood up and sat beside Seulji as I moved the table for better reach. I put some food on her spoon then placed it in front of her mouth. "Say ah," I said.

She moved my hand gently away from her face as she looked at the other side. "I don't want to eat. You can have my food."

I glared at her. "You will eat this food," I said, emphasizing every word.

"I said I don't want to."

"Do you think skipping meals will do anything to help you move on? Seulji, I'm still here! If for you, losing our baby is like the end of the world, then what about me? Seulji, you are not the only one who's hurt."

She looked at me with her eyes wet with her tears which made me soft. "Yoongi, do you think I'm not trying to move on? I'm trying to be back to myself but I just couldn't help but to think that I'm a horrible motherㅡ that I'm a horrible wife!" She wiped her tears away but a new batch started to flow like falls. "We wouldn't be losing our baby if I was careful and if I did everything to protect it!"

I comforted her with my embrace as I kiss her head. "Stop blaming yourself, please. I know you did everything to keep our baby safe but we can't predict accidents. I need you, Seulji. If you come back to your old self, you can fulfill your responsibilities and obligations as a good wife and soon, maybe as a good mother. And our lost might be the lesson for the both of us so please stop blaming yourself." I hate seeing her like this and it hurts me. Tears started to stream down my face. "Just think about what I felt when I almost lost you and then we lost our child."

She sighed. "You're right. I'm sorry. But I can't promise you that tomorrow, everything is going back to the way it was. As what Bona have said, we need to work together to surpass this."

"I love you," I said then without further ado, I crashed my lips against her and moved them gently and slowly for her to catch up. She responded to my kiss. Finally, her ever-so soft and sweet lips against mine again. It was heavenly and I couldn't control myself that my hand travelled down to her back and untied the strings of her hospital gown but then she harshly pushed me away. "Yoongi, no!" She yelled. "I-I can't do it."

I nodded and softly smiled at her. "I understand. I'm sorry. Let me just tie it back." She turned around and lets me tie the strings.

She became a good girl and ate her dinner but she did not really finish all of it. It's fine though. At least now she's eating unlike yesterday that she have not even eaten a single meal. After having her meal, I kissed her good night since she's sleepy. I watched her sleeping face illuminated by the light coming from outside with a small smile on my face until my eyelids became heavy. I kissed her forehead before lying on the bed for the patient's companion.