Chapter 2: The Last and the First Kiss

Shin Seulji's POV

"Hey baby." I felt Taehyung's soft lips press against my cheek before he sat down beside me and gave me a hug.

I can feel my heart breaking already. It feels so bad that I feel like being suffocated.

Taehyung please don't be so sweet. You're making it hard for me to break up with you. What would you feel if you find out that I'm gonna get married with your friend, your hyung? I thought to myself as if asking him already.

I removed his arms which was wrapped around me, avoiding eye contact with him. I just can't look at his eyes. I'm scared that if I do so, I won't be able to let him go.

"Is there something wrong, baby?" He gently asked me. I cursed inside my head. This is so difficult.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, getting all the courage that I have, and finally, I looked straight into his eyes. "Tae, let's break up." I bit my lower lip and diverted my gaze at the lake in front of us before I could even see the pain in his wonderful eyes.

It is sad that the place where I met him and the place where we became a officially a couple will be the place where we'll break up. He was the one who decided for us to meet here today. I didn't want to because I want to keep the memories of us here happy but if I refuse, he might only be suspicious because every date and every meet up that we do, we always go here since this place is special for us.

"What? Baby, what's wrong? Why are you breaking up with me? Did I do something wrong? Tell me what I have to do just to keep our relationship!" He started panicking but I still coukd not bare to look at him. Telling these lies are already painfully, I don't knownif I can stand to see Taehyung hurt and crying because of me and my lies.

"Baby, it's not you who's the problem. It's me. I realized that I don't deserve an angel like you. I don't have time for you. You're always the one who understands whenever I got emergency calls from the company." I held his hands, tears flowing like a fall from my eyes. "Tae, you deserve someone better than me."

"N-no. I don't believe youm look at me, Seulji. Look at me."

"Taehyung-ahh," I cried. Please dont make this hard for me, Tae.

"Tell me those words when tou can look me in the eyes and then I will believe that you really want that for us." He held my chin and made me look at him. I did this time, even if the sight of his crying and pleading eyes made my broken heart break even more. "I love you, Tae, but you deserve someone better that has a lot of time for you and I'm not that woman. I realized that our relationship isn't balanced and that's not healthy. You cannot always be the one to adjust for me. I'm sorry, Taehyung, but we're over." I let go of his hands, stood up, and walked away from him but he suddenly hugged me from behind which makes me even more hurt. I can feel that he is pleading and he is desperate for me to stay. I desperately want to hold on and fight, but I can't.

He made me face him and before I knew it, his lips were already against mine. I wanted to fight back but I ended up falling and drowning into his kissed as we share our last kiss as a couple. I kissed him back as passionately as I could as it was my only way to tell him that I never want to end us to begin with. I made it a way for him to feel that I never want to let go of him just because of that petty reason that I gave him. I wanted him to feel how much sincere my love is for him.

As we part after this day, I know that I will miss his kisses, his warm hugs, his soft touchesㅡ I will miss everything about Taehyung and I know that I will forever regret breaking this wonderful man's heart. At this point, I really don't deserve.

He held both of my cheeks. "Always remember that I'm still here, baby. I'll be waiting for you to come back."

I shook my head as I removed his hands from my cheeks. "I don't want to keep your hopes up. Don't wait for nothing, Tae," was the last sentence I said to him before walking away.