Chapter 20: Lost

Min Yoongi's POV

'The person found inside the car was the daughter of a well-known businessman in South Korea, Ms. Shin Seulji of Shin Corporation.'

It's like the world suddenly stopped spinning when I heard Seulji's name. What I heard was wrong right?! I just misheard things! My wife is perfectly fine, right?!

'We don't know about Ms. Shin's condition right now but let's all hope that she's fine.'

My heart started to pound. God, please tell me that wasn't my Seulji! But... she's the only daughter of Mr. Shin, the only Shin Seulji. God, please tell me I'm dreaming! That this ain't fucking true!

I was back to reality when my phone rang. Seulji's calling. Without further ado, I answered it. "Seulji! Are you alright! Fucking please tell meㅡ"

[Is this Mr. Min Yoongi? Ms. Seulji's husband?]

"Y-yes, I am," I answered with a tremulous voice. I've never been this scared beforeㅡ never been this nervous in my entire life.

[Your wife got into a car accident and she's currently inside the operating room. We need to talk to you, Mr. Min. We need to talk about our investigations and get informations from you.] After giving me the address of the hospital, I took my car keys and drove as fast as I could to the hospital.

I hope my wife is okay! Dear Lord, please keep my wife and child safe! I love them so much and I don't want to lose them. They mean the world to me! Please don't let anything worse happen to them.

My sight is a little blury from hot tears but I got into the hospital safe and sound. I ran to the operating room, following the signs until I saw her parents in front of the OR door with her mom crying on her husband's shoulder. New batch of tears poured down my face, my feet slowly walking it's way to the door of the operating room with my hands balled into fists. Why did this happen to her? I hope she's okay, that it's not really serious.

I felt a hand place on my right shoulder. I looked behind me and there stood Seulji's father. He's face looks tough but his eyes say the opposite. I can see pain but he tries to hide it since Seulji and Mrs. Shin needs him.

"Everything's going to be fine, Yoongi. She's a tough woman, you know that."

I smiled. "I know, dad, but please don't say that like she's going to die 'cause if she does, I don't know if I can live without her. I love your daughter, so much."

He smiled. "I know. Be strong for her."

The policemen came to interrogate us as we wait for Seulji's operation to be finished. From their report base on their investigations on my wife's accident, it's because her car brake was broken but they also found gun bullets inside her car and on the tires which made them ask if there was someone who at least has hatred on us and wants to seek for vengeance which I answered with 'none'. Even if I'm savage, I know my limitations and as for Seulji, she's a very nice girl even if she's mostly like me. Who could possibly be the person behind this?

After the interrogation, they left us. I've waited for hours in front of the operating room. It's almost midnight and Seulji's parents left already. I played with Seulji's phone that has been surrendered to me by the police together with her important things. I opened it and saw my picture as her wallpaper.

 I opened it and saw my picture as her wallpaper