56 ~ So Simple

A crash came from downstairs and Louis clutched the covers, jumping awake. It was now brighter than he remembered and turned around to not find Harry. He sat up, rubbing his eyes and pushing his messy hair out of his face.

"Haz?" He croaked, obviously not loud enough as there wasn't a reply. Louis rolled his eyes and threw the covers off of him, standing up wobbly.

The kettle was boiled downstairs and Louis heard the whistle so he followed it, exciting his room and to the top of the stairs. Even though he had just woken up, Louis thought he saw something... blood. Blood on the carpet. He knelt down, examining the small stain.

'I-It could just be wine.'

"Ow!" Louis stood back up quickly, rushing down stairs to the sound of Harry screaming, "Harry?! Harry,what's wrong?!" He spun into the kitchen to find Harry holding his finger under cold water.

His head twitched around and smiled, "I burnt my finger on the kettle." Louis sighed shaking his head, grinning fondly. "Silly," he whispered under his breathe, as he strolled over to Harry, resting his head in his shoulder and hugging him from behind.

"Nice nap?" Harry tilted his head back, gently meeting with Louis', he just nodded into him. "I-I made you something-" Louis let go as Harry started to turn around, he dotted his eyes over to the marble counter and Louis' followed them.

Two plates of 4 stacked pancakes with drizzling golden syrup were angelically placed on the side, Louis automatically starting to drool over the site. "Oh, my, God." The boy walked over hungrily and smiled broadly, "thank you so much babe!" Louis appreciated the small and simple things so much. He loved it. Harry blushed while Louis scooped the plate up and turned back around.

Harry was holding out a bright rose, Louis was startled by the sight. 'Where did he get that from?' He thought smirking. "I-I was going to bring it up on a tray but... I woke you up didn't I?" Louis giggled and nodded, taking the rose. "It's okay, where did you even get this from?! It's beautiful."
"Not as beautiful as you." Harry muttered with a small grin.

Louis eyes squinted from his bright cheeks, what even happened last night? Nothing right?

The other plate was retrieved by Harry and they both excited the kitchen, sliding onto the couch in the living room and wrapped the blankets over their legs. "I'm going to make it up to you today," Harry said softly, cutting his 1st pancake in half and then again. "You don't need to make anything up to me Harr-"
"Yes I do." Harry stopped, but not meeting Louis' gaze.

"Accidents happen Harry, I'm fine." His smile, quietly coming back, peeking at the edges, showing dimples. Harry sighed and rested the plate in his lap.

"I don't want it to happen again, never ever again." Louis nodded and stroked his shoulder, making Harry finally look over at him. Harry raised his hand to Louis cheek and grazed the cuts. More bruising around them. "I'm sorry Lou."

Louis moved his hand to Harry's on his cheek and linked his fingers, "it's okay Harry. I love you." Louis tried to stop the conversation and succeeded. "I love you too." Harry replied sweetly.

Both boys finished their breakfasts with little chatting, the TV was on so both minds turned into mush as they zoned out. When Harry had realised that Louis had also finished he took his plate off of him kindly and brought it into the kitchen to be washed.

"Do you still want to come for the hike today?" Louis nodded standing up as Harry came back from the kitchen. "Yes, it would be nice to get some fresh air and relax." Harry agreed and followed Louis to his room, finding his swimming trunks. "I'll just need to be back so my mum doesn't suspect anything."
"Okay, that's fine." Harry grinned, hugging Louis from behind as he tried to get a towel out of the draw.

"Are we ready to go?" Louis asked, starting to giggle as Harry hadn't said anything and just stuck to him like glue for the past minute or two. "O-Oh yeh, if you're ready."
"I am." Harry backed up, letting Louis pick up the small adidas bag with the towel and clothes in.

"I hope they all got home safe." Harry's face dropped suddenly, Louis feeling empathy towards the boy. "I'm sure they did Harry." Louis tried to perk him up but Harry still looked a bit vague.

Louis grabbed Harry's hand and led him out the bedroom and down the stairs getting his phone and keys. "Ready?"
"Ready." Harry repeated as Louis unlocked the door and stepped out into the cool breeze.

He juggled with the keys until he found the right key again and locked up, checking twice like his mum had taught him when he was so much younger. When it was so easy and simple.

"My car-" Louis looked around and the normal blue mustang wasn't parked where it usually was when Harry came to visit. Even though they only lived 10 minutes apart. "Looks like we're walking." Louis shrugged holding his hand out for Harry again. "Looks like we are." He took it, smiling at his boyfriend.

" He took it, smiling at his boyfriend