9 ~ Just Myths

Louis styled his hair in a soft quiff ready for school, he was wearing jeans he bought in town and a white t-shirt, as well as a plaid red shirt over it.

His mum tapped on the bathroom door, "Lou do you want me to drive you?"
"No I'm fine, thanks." Louis thought he answered too quickly so opened the door and tried to make an excuse, "Urr, I-I'm going to walk with a friend, that's all."

"It's ok love, just text me if you want picking up," she was jogging down the stairs while putting on a ring, Louis followed before grabbing his shoes and coat.

"Where are the keys m-" she turned and held out the chain, "thanks," he grinned before unlocking the door and leaving the house. It wasn't as cold as yesterday so it was good weather to walk anyway, even though he chose to walk for a particular curly haired reason.

He passed his gates but it was empty, no lights or cars anywhere. Louis sighed, shrugged and carried on his way to school through the woods.

As Louis finally got into school he saw his friend group talking happily, under the wooden gazebo at the entrance. Ariel waved him over and they all looked at him, "Hi guys." Louis stood with them looking around for any sign of the brothers or him.

"Hi, we were just talking about you. We were going to ask if you've settled in fine and everything?" Sam started up the conversation and they listened into Louis' answer. "Y-Yeh, it's a really nice neighbourhood and I know the way home now," Louis chuckled earning a laugh from the group.

They continued the chat but Louis brought up a sentence when everyone went quiet. "There are some Myths and stories about here isn't there?" Heads and eyes flicked between each other and then landed back on Louis,
"W-What have you heard?" Sam faked a smile, looking like he knew something that Louis didn't. "Like paranormal stuff and Mythical creatures,"
"They're all just stupid stories," Luke shook his head, everyone seemed to agree.

"Yeh, I know! It's just quite interesting, I've never heard of anything like this before in just one town."
"What sort of myths have you heard Louis?" Ariel asked, still with her smile stretched across her face. "Not much, just picked things out when I was researching about here before we moved," Louis lied, "could you tell me a few?"

Ariel eyed Sam for the answer to Louis question, "I-I think Sam's the expert here," he acknowledged the conversation and agreed, "Well kind of, I just know the story behind our town,"
"Go on.." Louis pleaded, engrossed to find out the actual tail behind the town.

"So, apparently," he quoted with his fingers. "Mythical beings such as Werewolves, vampires, hybrids and shapeshifters," The word stood out in Louis' head, "came here to seek sanctuary from the human world but they got found out so had to go undercover, they lived as humans and tried to live in peace with our kind, people still say that families are still secretive about their actual identities around here."

Louis eyes widened, "really, who?" They all laughed at him, "it's just a story Louis!" Luke poked him in the ribs, "shut up, is that it? Is there more?" Sam shrugged, "that's it, but there is a book in the library if you want to look, but I'll just warn you, it's sometimes there and sometimes not. It's weird."

Louis smiled, "Good I'll go no-" the bell rang as Louis finished his sentence, "too late, what do you have now Lou?" He pulled out his timetable, "History, in... E28"
"Ok, I'll show you come on, I'm on the same corridor." Ariel started to trudge away from the group and each of the friends split and went to their own lessons. Louis followed here and she pointed out the library once they passed it.

"It's just the 4th one down there, good luck." She went in the door and shut it behind her, he was seeing a few people from his classes yesterday going into the room so he was sure Ariel meant that one. He went in and he was there...again. This meant he was in every single lesson that Louis had because of sets.

Don't worry Styles, I'm going to find out what you are...