23 ~ Friend

Louis grabbed Harry's hand and held it, Harry squeezing back. He flinched noticing that his own eyes were red and quickly changed them back, "H-Harry? What's h-happening?" Louis whispered, stuttering. Harry shook his head, "I-I'm so sorry Louis,"
"What? W-Whats wrong?" He gulped sighing, and carefully, slowly getting up from the table.

"L-Louis, quickly go out of the restaurant and unlock the car and get in. Lock it after you have and just wait. I-I'll be just behind you, j-just go! I'm the youngest, I can't protect you or myself," He whispered, grabbing Louis' arm, putting the mustangs keys in his hand and pushing him away, "Protect?!"
"I'll explain later just go!" He pushed Louis towards the door as he sat back down on the table.

Louis looked around and there was nothing, just a family waiting to be seated with the waiter. He didn't look back at Harry and just exited the building. Trying to look casual as he jogged to the mustang. He unlocked it and got in the passenger seat. He waited for 5 minutes until he saw him come out of the restaurant.

Louis unlocked the car again to let him in and he was burning up and flustered,
"Shit shit shit shit," he cursed, whispering to himself as he started the car.
"Harry?! W-What's going on?" He ignored his question and drove out of the car park and onto the main road.

Louis was scared.

More scared than he has ever been with Harry. Even when he was an animal.

Harry stopped a few miles away from the restaurant in a lay by on the road. He breathed heavily and closed his eyes, biting his bottom lip.

"I-It was another family," he stuttered quietly. "A-And they can control it but e-even when they are transformed they purposely hunt humans." Louis let him speak before he said a word, "And they hate it so much when our 'kind' tell humans about our powers-" Harry turned to Louis holding his arm, "I-If they saw us t-together..." he paused almost looking like he was holding back tears.

"T-They would have tried to kill you L-Louis."

Louis stopped breathing right then. All the air in his lungs that was being pumped in and out just stopped completely. Harry kept a tight grip on Louis arm, "A-And I-I wouldn't have been able to s-stop them." He let go and collapsed back into his seat, "My life's so fucked up, I-I'm so sorry for dragging you down it," Louis paused but then his body started to function again. "T-Then we can b-both be fucked up together." Louis tried to smile, placing his palm on the back of Harry's hand which was now on the steering wheel.

Harry gulped and looked over to Louis and tried to smile as well. "Thanks Louis."
Louis shrugged, "For w-what? Not dying? To have followed you to the woods? To be so childish and stupid being so curious? To have walked into you with books-?"

"For becoming my friend."

Louis stopped with his list that had led to this moment and to a near-death experience and looked at Harry for a few seconds. He meant it. Louis didn't know what to say. He parted his lips but nothing came out, "...thanks for letting me be your friend."

Harry looked over with his sparking green eyes into Louis pools of blue. "It's a pleasure Lou." Louis smiled and removed his hand and put it back into his own lap, "Thanks Haz," Harry smiled at his nickname and put the keys back into the engine.

It was now 8:15 so Harry brought Louis back home, "Thanks for the Dinner, it was amazing," Harry nodded as Louis got out the car, "Don't mention it, and I promise I will make sure they are never around to hurt you again."
"They didn't hurt me Harry,"
"They could've!" He answered straight away, Louis rolled his eyes and was about to close the door.

"Have a nice night Harry." He nodded to him, "You too." He said smiling as Louis slammed the car door shut and walked away. He looked over his shoulder before he went in and the car silently drove off of his curb and left the dark road. "Bye Harry."

A/N
Hi, sorry for the short poopy chapter just trying to make the story longer cause my other was really short so yehhhhh woop

A/NHi, sorry for the short poopy chapter just trying to make the story longer cause my other was really short so yehhhhh woop