10 ~ The Book

Louis kept looking at him all through History, like Harry did the day before in geography. Harry looked over once or twice to meet Louis vicious stare, he just glared and then went back to his book.

He looked like he knew why Louis was staring but just ignored him, but it took a lot of strength not to look at the new boy.

"So for your homework you will have to research about what happened between King Charles and Oliver Cromwell..." the class just nodded and sighed wanting the teacher to dismiss them a few minutes early.

It worked and as soon as the teacher told them they could leave, Styles barged past Louis and knocked him almost over, "Hey, do you mind?" Harry looked back with the cat eyes and shook his head squeezing them shut before pouncing out of the classroom and stampeding along the corridor, obviously in a rush to be somewhere.

Louis huffed, rearranging his backpack so it rested comfortably on his shoulders like it was before, until it was disturbed by the creature. He realised he was the only one left in the classroom so fled and tried to remember the way to the Library, which Ariel had shown him 1 and a half hours ago. Louis finally found it and it was quiet and calm, not many people in at all.

Fantasy, sci-fi, non-fiction, romance, teens, horror, comedy. And then he reached his section. "History" whispering to himself Louis skimmed the raggedy old books with his soft fingertips waiting to find the book he wanted.

Mrs Mosc, the librarian came with her small trolley ready to unload books back onto their shelves. She walked in front of Louis and he spotted it.

'Cheshires Myths And Legends'

While the trolley rolled away Louis chased after it and yanked the book from it, "is it ok if I read this?" She smiled with her yellow, fake teeth. "Of course dear, don't lose it! That ones a treasure!" She winked before trailing off, Louis examined the battered books front and then read the margin.

'All the information you will need to discover the secret past of Cheshire. Werewolves and Vampires to creatures that still don't have a name! This book has it all..."

He tightly held it in his hands before finding a seat and perching himself, Louis admired it and looked at every little small detail of the design of the book. It was hard but the spine had almost been shredded, the pages had Roman numerals not numbers and each chapter was a different creature or story behind the town. And then Louis reached page 46 out of 113, he was sure it was blood.

The first chapter was an introduction, then it went onto Vampires, then Water Beasts, then Werewolves, then Hybrids and many more before he reached the page he wanted...

'Shapeshifter'

Not as much writing was on this page like all the rest, it was 3 quarters when some like the Vampire Chapter almost spread across 3 whole ones.

'Shapeshifter's are common in the U.K because of some of the rural parts of the country. These creatures like to stay secretive and do not like when humans find out about their powers, this is why we do not know much about them. All we know is that they can change into animals and maybe even humans but there are no actual studies or sightings of this happening. But there are pictures and Physical proof with people who are apparently 'Shapeshifter's' with red, amber or just glowing eyes, looking like animals' in flashing lights.'

Louis' jaw clenched at the last sentence, he knew it. He carried on reading but suddenly there were heavy, chunky footsteps hurdling though the library door, even though Louis heard, he paid no attention until the person was standing right over him.

"What are you reading?" his raspy voice strangled Louis voice box so he couldn't respond, he was actually scared of Harry for the first time since he'd encountered him.

"I-I'm reading about t-the urmm h-history of Cheshire." He gulped, Harry shook his head, stealing the book off of Louis and putting it in his hoodie pocket, starting to walk off.

"S-Stop, that's my book!" Louis stood up infuriated, Harry stopped and got closer so they were stood a few inches apart, "I think you should sit back down," Harry said calmly before putting a hand on Louis' shoulder and pushing him down. He flopped back down onto his seat and scowled as Harry bowed his head and left the library.

He followed closely behind Harry as he went down a set of stairs and outside into the yard, but Louis lost him the minute he got outside, he just seemed to vanished.

He huffed and stood looking around before spotting 4 dark silhouettes. They got closer and closer before cornering Louis, the brothers.

"What did we say about leaving our family alone?" The main one spoke again but before Louis answered, he darted inbetween his brothers and stood in front of Louis putting an arm out, "He hasn't done anything Will, leave him alone. I've got the book let's just go." Harry didn't look at Louis but just at his brothers, they tutted and nodded before walking away, followed closely behind by their little brother.

A quick look over his shoulder and what looked like a.... smile?

 smile?