41 ~ Be Careful

(Yay roller coaster chapter:))) )

Harry was stood at the gates of the school waiting for Louis after sending him a text of where he was. Tapping his foot waiting patiently while all the other students left. He soon saw him walking towards him with a smile on his face. "Hey,"
"Hi." Harry hugged him and then slipped his hand down to Louis'.

"You ready to go?" Louis hummed as they stepped outside the rusty gates. But in seconds Luke came barging past Louis almost pushing him over, Harry looked up in a flash and scowled at him. "What the fuck Luke?! Leave him alone." He just shrugged and kept walking, "Hey! If you want to fucking start something, pick on me you dick!"

Harry screamed and Louis stood in front of him with his hands on his chest. "Harry, Harry, it's ok. I'm fine." He huffed but slowly his breaths altered so he was calm again. "I-I don't want him touching you. You don't have self healing." Louis shrugged and kissed him. "It won't get to that Haz."
"It could." Louis sighed and went back to his side. They started walking again but went the wrong way for the car park.

"Are we not going in the car?" Louis asked with an uncertain look on his face. "I want to show you something."
"Ok," Louis laughed and continued to the mystery destination.

They walked to the small woods that was around their estate, the same place where they went when they really met each other.

(Gay? Gay, phaha fault in our stars reference)

They trailed deeper in this time to where the small flow of water was turning into a deep river, leading to a waterfall, as Harry had said to Louis.

"This is beautiful Harry." He just smiled at him as Louis let go of his hand and jumped on fallen trees and stumps like hop scotch. "Be careful."
"Aw." Harry blushed and looked down. "Shut up." Louis continued on every one he saw off the path until he saw a massive one.

It had fallen over the river and was meeting the other side; like a bridge. "Oh my gosh!" Louis squealed excitedly, lining up for it. Harry grabbed his hand and pulled, "Lou, its deep and the current will push you under-"
"I'll be fine Haz, I can swim!" He said laughing as he kissed him on the nose and took his first step on the log. It was just the right thickness for one of Louis feet, with about 10cm around them. It was quite a big tree.

"And now for the one and only...." he said it in an American announcers voice and pretended Harry was the audience with 3 thousand people in it. "Louis Tomlinson! The tree balancing man!" He took another step so he was fully on it, he put his arms out like he was on a tightrope and balanced himself. Harry was cringing watching him.

'Please don't fall.'

He whispered over and over again, Louis didn't hear. 1 small step followed by another and then another, Louis finally made it across to the other side. He smiled at Harry, who let out his breath that he had been holding. "I told you! I'm good at balancing!" Harry shrugged and grinned. "Ok ok, come on tree balancing man, and be careful!" Harry laughed as Louis stepped back on the tree.

2 steps, 3 steps, 4. He was right in the middle of the tree and Louis lifted one leg pretending to be a ballerina, "I am beautiful!" He said in a camp, French accent. Harry laughed at him. He did the other and then stopped. He jumped. He had to jump. He jumped just less than a feet but as he came down, it all went wrong.

Damp moss was under Louis feet as he came down and he slipped, so effortlessly. Slipped.

"HARR-" he screamed before plummeting down into the water, dragging him under. Harry was still stood not believing what had just happened. But then it crashed in his face. Louis was drowning.

Harry ran after him as he got pushed down the river into jagged rocks, only seeing flimsy hands pop up from the vicious water. "LOUIS, SWIM SWIM! IM COMING, JUST HOLD ON!" Harry screamed chasing the water. He ran far ahead and checked if anyone was around. No one was. "IM COMING LOUIS!" He took off his jacket and threw it on the floor, as well as his tshirt. He focused.

On the scrambling of the water.
On the noises the woods were making.
On the sound of the waterfall only a few minutes ahead.
On him.
On Louis.

His eyes darted from green to red in an instant, dropping to the floor on four legs and screaming. "HAR-" another quick gasp of air until Louis was in the water again. Harry got bigger, a lot bigger, his body changed tremendously and grew fur everywhere.

A bear

It dived into the river metres away from Louis and as he came past he grabbed him by the collar of his t-shirt with its teeth and dragged him out to the river bank, pulling up with its giant paws, its claws digging into the soft marsh for extra support.  They were finally on safe land and the bear stepped a few feet back from Louis lifeless, wet body.

Not breathing.