50 ~ Storm

A/N 50!! Yay

They came out of the woods and walked up to Harry's house. "Haz?"
"Yeh Lou?
"Do you want to sleep a-at mine tonight." Louis smiled but Harry's face dropped and he started to look at the floor. "I-I can't." Louis tilted his head. "Hey, what up?" Harry let go of his hand and pushed his hair out of his face before putting it in his pocket. "I just can't Louis!"

Louis stopped and took a breathe. Before walking off, faster than Harry. "L-Lou-" Harry pulled on his sleeve and he stopped, spinning around angrily. "What is with you?! Why are you being like this?"
"It's the moon Louis! I can't come to yours because I'll hurt you!"

He screeched and Louis stopped. "B-But I can stop it-" Harry shook his head pulling him into a hug. "Not tonight baby. It's a full moon. Our powers take control, werewolves and shapeshifters. Even the most powerful who can control every single animal looses control on full moons. Our kind all turn into wolves no matter what, then our hunting instincts kick in a-and we try t-to hunt, Lou. Whatever food we find, w-we eat it Louis. That's why we go to the forests about an hour away from here. No humans live around there so you're safe. I-I'm sorry Lou."
"No I'm sorry Haz. I understand. D-Do you get hurt?"

Harry didn't answer for a second and gulped, "S-Sometimes," Louis looked at him sympathetically before curling into him for another hug. "H-Harry," Louis sobbed as the other just sighed, squeezing him tightly. "Hey! I'll be okay, I-I'm just one of the youngest around here so I just have to keep my head down."
"Please be careful." Harry nodded and kissed Louis' forehead before they started walking again.

They finally reached Harry's house and Louis sighed. "S-So I won't see you until tomorrow?" He frowned but Harry grinned walking him to behind the bush by the gates. "What are we doing?"

Harry pulled him in making sure no one could see them before spinning Louis around and placing one arm on his hip and looking at his watch on the other. "We have about 40 seconds before Will drives up in his Range Rover and I might not see you at school-"
"You're missing school?"
"Just shut up and kiss me you fool."
Louis smirked and went on his tippy toes to meet Harry's lips. Harry pushed him up to the fencing while kissing Louis, feeling each other smirking at how sneaky they were being.

And as Harry said, around a minute had past and Will drove up on the drive way. Harry parted from Louis, both boys out of breathe and smirking. "I'll see you soon." Louis just nodded, flustered as Harry lent off of him and ran out of the bush and into his house as the gates were still open. Louis tried to catch his breathe before carrying on to his own house, smiling until his cheeks were sore. It made him forget about being worried about what would happen tonight.

"Hi mum!" He shouted as he came through the door, "Hey Lou!" Louis dumped his bags and took his shoes off before carrying on to the living room, finding his mum reading a book. "It's meant to thunder and lighting tonight love, so I've brought a little lamp up to your room if you wake up," Louis sighed and walked towards her, sitting down. "I hate lightning."
He grumbled looking out of the window at the black clouds on the horizon.

"I know Lou. It'll be okay though."
"How long for?" Louis turned to her, pulling the blanket off of the back of the couch and curling up in it. "All night. Meant to stop at 4 or 5 I think." Louis moaned squeezing his eyes tightly.

About 3 hours later it started and Louis closed the curtains quickly before sitting in the middle of the living room on the carpet. "It's okay Lou. You'll be fine."
"It scares me so much."
"I know baby, it'll stop soon I promise." Louis nodded. "What do you want for dinner?" Jay got up and walked with Louis to the kitchen.

"What do we have?"
"I can make you a chicken burger or something if you want?" Louis nodded and smiled. "Yes please."

Another hour and a half had gone by and Jay and Louis had both finished their meal and got both plates and washed them. "Thanks mum. I-I think I'm going to go to bed and have an early night, try and ignore the storm."
"Ok love, goodnight."

Louis left the kitchen and jogged up the stairs grabbing his phone from his bedside table.

Nothing. No text, no missed calls.

"Please stay safe baby." Louis walked to the window and dared to look outside into the pitch black. A bright, bolt struck close to his house and Louis ducked.

He latched onto the curtains as the rumbling thunder soon came a few seconds after. He started to close his curtains but then there was another noise. One he had never heard before but yet he thought he knew who it was. A long, deep howl.

He opened them back up again but couldn't see anything. He whispered, "I love you Harry." No other noises were heard so Louis sighed and closed the curtains for the night. He took his tshirt off and changed into his pyjama pants before climbing in bed and trying to block out the colossal flashes coming from outside.