................................

I knocked at the door waiting for Eva's  mother to open the door. After a few moments the door opened and revealed Miss Baker.

I tried to keep my shock as I looked at her. There were bags under her eyes from not sleeping, her eyes were red too from all the crying I guess. Her hair were pulled back in a bun. She still looked beautiful but sad.

"Hello Miss Baker" I said with a smile trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

"Hello Ally" she replied without a smile.

"I just came to see you"

"I'm actually busy right now" she said.

My smile fell a little, I am so stupid to come here and disturb her, of course she wouldn't want to see anyone. When you're grieving you just want to be alone.

"Oh I'm sorry for disturbing you, I'll get going" I said and turned to leave.

"Wait-"

I turned back to see her sighing. She was struggling with what to do.

"Its okay, you can come in" she said finally, stepping back to give me way to enter.

We walked to the living room where I sat on the couch. The house felt ignored, it wasn't as clean as it used to be.

"I'll bring something for you to drink and eat" she said.

"Oh no no no, I don't need anything believe me, I just came to spend time with you" I said standing up.

She nodded and returned back from the door, sitting beside me. I didn't know what to say, how to make her feel better.

"You know you don't really have to do this" she said in a feeble voice that I could have missed.

"I'm not doing this for you only, I am doing this for me too. I want someone who can understand, it hurts me so much to know Eva isn't here" I said my eyes filling up with tears again.

These stupid tears of mine, I came herr to give Miss Baker strengh but instead I am the one who wants it.

"I know Ally, it must be really hard for you to lose a friend" she said placing her hand on my shoulder. A small smile on her face to help me.

I was amazed at her, she has lost a daughter and was absolutely broken inside but still tried to make me feel better.

"I have not lost a friend, Eva is going to come back, I just know that. She is a very faithful person, she will never leave the people she loves" I said tears falling from my eyes now.

Miss Baker's also started to fill up as she blinked furiously to get rid of them.

"Ally do you think Eva hates me?" She asked after a moment.

"No of course not. Your her mother, she loves you beyond description" I replied surprised as to why she would think such a thing.

"I know, its just I have given her a lot of pain in the last two years. She needed me and I left her, its always going to be a painful memory for her"

"She was mad at you but that's a teenager thing? She would never hate you Miss Baker, belive me she loves you"

Miss Baker started to cry now, her tears not stopping as they finally found a way out. Her shattered breaths were so powerful that I could feel her pain in them.

"Okay, you know what Eva would hate? You reacting like this, giving up on her and yourself. Your acting like she's dead when she's not. The police is looking for her and soon she will be back here with us" I said angrily, standing up.