Divided Choice #37

Chapter 37, oh gosh I'm getting so far =D

When the sky started to dim I walked up to the porch and set the grocery bags down, fishing in my pocket for the key. Picking up one half of the bags and nudging the others with my foot inside, I called "Luke?" aloud. I shut the door and when there wasn't a reply I called again "Luke??"

"Yeah" he asked faintly, I could hear his footsteps creaking along the upstairs floorboards as he walked down the stairs with a skip in his step. He was wearing white boxers with hearts on them and a messily buttoned white chemise shirt and long white socks whilst his hair was dripping wet.

"Okay I'm not even going to ask" I stated shaking my head "Just wanted to make sure you were still alive."

He laughed and his eyes shone "Yeah I'm living."

I smirked and took a few bags to the kitchen after kicking off my shoes and letting the air weave throughout my toes. Ooh yeah that felt good.

I put things where they were supposed to go and figured on having steak for dinner "Hey Luke how's steak sound to you?"

He slid himself on the counter "Perfect"

"How do you like it?" I asked taking out the un-cooked meat.

"Alive" he joked, a gleam in his eye. I laughed with him and wondered why he was so happy, more so recently.

***

Once the food was cooked and he had set the table I placed the food around sophisticatedly and noticed Luke staring in to the distance with a noticeable smirk plastered over his face. Okay, that's the last straw.

"Who is she?" I asked randomly as he was happily chewing. As soon as the words left my mouth he almost choked on what he was eating "Sorry?" he scoffed.

"Oh come on I'm not stupid. You've been daydreaming all day and if I didn't know any better I'd say there was something on your mind or someone rather, a girl perhaps?" I inquired

"Well," he kept his eyes fiercely away from my piercing stare and began to fiddle with his fingers "I'd say it's a good thing you know better" His voice sounded defiant but he still kept his gaze away from mine.

"So I take it you're finished eating?" he began getting up with his half-eaten plate in his hand. "Sit down" I muttered lazily as he glared at me long and hard till finally sitting down with a sigh.

"You wouldn't understand" he said letting a look of punctured sadness wash over his face.

My eyebrows furrowed in concentration as I tried to figure out what it could be but when that didn't help I stood up and dragged my chair to sit beside him.

"Well, tell me?"

For a few seconds he kept his face turned away then swivelled back to look at me with a judging stare. "Yes, it is a girl" he confirmed my suspicions.

I stayed silent, waiting for him to carry on. His aquamarine eyes turned thoughtful "I...like her, really I do but..."

"But..."

"She already has someone, I wish she didn't but she does." I could tell that it broke his heart to say this out loud. '

"What's her name?" I asked timidly

He was about to answer but then gave me a worried look "I'm not answering that one"

I was slightly upset at that, I mean maybe I could help? "Is it someone I know?"

"Maybe" he gave no hints.

"Have you known her long?" I pried for more information on the mystery girl, maybe if I had enough answers I could ask Victor or Alonzo or even Adella, they might know.