Chapter 70

Feather After // Chapter 70 // The Last Call

Aria's POV

I kept the letter down and blew out some air, damn Ignatius he wouldn't even leave me alone on my wedding day. I took a deep breath and waved my left palm in front of my face. God, this couldn't be it. I didn't want my make up to be ruined, I didn't want to hurt anyone, but I knew I couldn't even let my family fight this alone. Aria, you can do this, I said and I stood up, I started walking from left to right and then right to left. God, why was all this happening to me?

My eyes suddenly fell on the flower pot. There was something at the end of the vase. It was covered cleverly by the stem of the white lilies, the box was green in color, I quickly went up to the pot, removed the flowers and put my hand to look what it was. The box was a small paper box and when I opened it I saw a macron in it. It was a lemon macron! I smiled and took a bite, it did taste amazing. On the inner side of the cover of the box, there was something written on it. It was definitely his handwriting,

The summertime and the butterflies are all your creations.

Ig. X

I ate the whole macron. Ignatius's mom's bakery was definitely one of the best bakeries in Seattle. As soon as I finished eating the macron, the gate of the room opened, and Nanna walked in. She was wearing a pastel color dress and had a white flower tucked in her bun. She smiled at me, she did look beautiful.

"Look at you! You look prettier than me! Nanna, you look amazing!" I told her and I walked to her.

"Well now it's time that you look at yourself," she said and wrapped her left arm around my right arm. She slightly pulled me, the dress my mother had chosen for me and the bride's maid was beautiful; if this all wouldn't have been forced I could have really appreciated my mother's efforts. She had really put her heart and mind in making this thing a big success.

We walked towards her room which was next to mine, she pulled me up in front of the mirror and I was shocked to look at myself. I couldn't believe that I was looking at me. I was looking at myself! Never even in one thousand years, I thought I could look the way I did! I opened my mouth and then I closed it again. I looked at Nanna and she nodded at me. I have read it a thousand times, not recognizing the person in the mirror but it was the very first time, it was happening with me. So I was kind of surprised. Nanna looked proud too, she looked so happy; it was as if her dreams were coming alive.

I looked at myself in the mirror again, the dark circles were long gone, what I saw on the mirror was a very beautiful and new version of myself. I felt afraid that I would never look as graceful as my mom. The person in the mirror seemed so unproblematic and less depressed, I felt shocked. The makeup on my eyelids highlighted my face, there was a little bit glitter on my face and it made my cheekbones more prominent than they actually were. My hair was tied in an elegant bun in the side of my head. For the first time when he was making the bun, I thought he had made it on the side. There was a waterfall braid on the right side of my face, I had some small earring on and it matched perfectly with my dress.

The dress I wore was surprisingly not made by just my mom but it was made by her and a friend of hers, I could never really imagine pulling off something that elegant, but I guess I kind of did. The dress was a very simple dress. The front of the dress was embroidered with beautiful beads and there was no back part of the dress, it was backless. The lower part of the dress was just smiled white. There was nothing on it and it looked very elegant, my mom and her friend had done a very good job with the dress.

"Is everyone ready?" Gemma asked as she stepped into the room. She looked at me and stopped, she smiled at me.

I looked at her; she was wearing a peach colored gown which reached till her toes. The whole gown was plain but there was beading on the waist. Lurking around her, Rachael walked in too; her dress was knee length and had the same design as Gemma's. Everyone looked so very pretty, it felt so nice, I would have felt even better if this could have been someone else's wedding and not mine. I had planned that as the evening will fall, I would get drunk and pass out, there would be no need of father-daughter of husband-wife, first dance.