Chapter 1

Feather After // Chapter 1 // The First Meet

Aria's POV

"Thank-you, New York City! You were great tonight! I love you guys!" I shouted at the red colored microphone in my hand as I got down from the stool I was sitting on. My performance at the MadisonSquareGarden had just ended. A grand world tour had come to an end. I started this tour with New York City and ended this tour in the same city as well. "Thank-you, for making this tour, successful. I wouldn't have been anywhere without you guys! Thank-you to my incredible fans."

When my voice reached the hundreds and thousands of people sitting in the arena around me, they screamed in appreciation, joy, and happiness. I ran down the stairs, the metal bars were the only thing which was separating me and my fans standing on the isle of the first row. Security rushed in to avoid any mishaps. When my fans saw me approaching them, they squealed, some started crying and a girl around the age of sixteen fainted

But one thing was common amongst all the people sitting in the front row. When they saw me approaching them, they extended their hands forward, some even tried to climb on the metal bars so that they could get an essence of me. I waved at people and even brushed past many hands.

"Jump," I shouted on my microphone. Screaming and shouting was the only thing which could be heard. I jumped up along with the people sitting in the arena and instead of a smooth landing my head collided with something hard and cold. I touched my forehead and saw blood flowing down my hand into the sleeve of my long shirt.

"I'm fine," I mumbled to myself after which everything turned black and I was lost in the world I was not aware of.

_

"Ma'am? Are you fine?" I heard someone say, it didn't take me time to realize that the voice belonged to my personal maid, whom I called Nanna, fondly. She was the one who had taken care of me and was there with me through thick and thin.

I could hear and feel everything but I couldn't see anything. I tried to open my eyes but it seemed like my eyelashes were struck with the lower part of my eye.

"Bring some water," I heard someone say and in no time I could feel someone sprinkling water on my face. I guess, somehow some water got into my eyes, and my stuck eyelashes which could move now enabled to me open my eyes.

On opening my eyes, I meet the concerned eyes of many people but none of them belonged to my parents. I wasn't even sure if they were aware that I was in the hospital.

"What happened?" I asked Nanna.

"You fell off your bed and you had a red comb in your hand," Nanna replied.

Then I realized what exactly happened.....I had been pretending to be Taylor Swift before I landed my self in the hospital bed, of the emergency room.

"What time is it?" I asked Nanna.

"9:30." She said and she put her palm over my forehead to check if I had a fever.

I had chemistry and physics homework and assignments to do which were due the next day and I hadn't even started with chemistry work.

"Thanks, doc, but I need to be home," I bid my farewell to the doctor and climbed down the bed on which I laid a few minutes before, ignoring all the protest which left Nanna's mouth. I wasn't sure why my little rebellion was being treated so nicely by the faculty and staff of the hospital. I hurried out of the room and stopped when I was outside the hospital. Hospitals were nicely placed surely by I didn't like being there, they made me relive those memories which I didn't even want to think about.

I turned around and found Nanna talking to the doctor probably about the payment and the aid of the wound. I had white gauze wrapped around my forehead with a little piece of cotton dipped in ailment pressing against the bump on my head. I saw Nanna rush out of the emergency room, and stopped at the door looking for me. When her eyes landed on me, she inhaled in relief and walked up to me with a blue colored pouch in her hand, which I soon realized was an ice pack.

"Home," she said while slightly pressing the ice pack against my forehead, she just said a single word but I was used to it. We were going home, that's what she meant. I flinched because of the sudden contact of the cold pack but I didn't say anything. She wouldn't have heard any excuses anyway, there was really no point.

"Let's eat, outside," I suggest hoping that Nanna wouldn't decline the offer.

Surprisingly Nanna nodded and I took the ice pack from her hand and replaced it with mine.

We started walking towards the parking lot where our car was parked. As soon as the driver saw Nanna and I approaching, he got out of his seat and opened the back door for us.

"Can you please drive us, to a nearby place, where we could get dinner?" I asked him. He just nodded and started the car.

"What I don't really understand is how you fell. What were you doing?" Nanna said and looked at me.

"I don't know, I was just jumping on the bed and suddenly I tripped. You know the rest of the story," I said and sheepishly smiled at her.

I was never going to tell her that I was pretending to be Taylor Swift performing in MadisonSquareGarden. She would probably think I was crazy and would have dragged me to a mental asylum instead of the diner.

I had just shifted to Issaquah, Washington with my parents who more or less were never there, Nanna, my caretaker and the other staff of our new house because of dad's business.

I wasn't very happy with the change but I had no other option. They had not even asked me for my opinion. They had just ordered me to pack my bag and move just like the furniture. The only difference was that furniture couldn't speak but I could.

I was drawn back to reality when our car came to a stop in front of Madison's Diner. The letters were bold and were coloured red and illuminated because of the white light which shinned inside the lettering of each box.

I got out of my car and then realized I was wearing my sponge bob square pants, pants with my black sleeveless top. I could see many people in my school and just wished that I could disappear. I hadn't even started school yet and I didn't want to make a wrong impression. I swear I could look pretty decent if I wanted to but I was too lazy to do makeup.

"Nanna please walk in front of me," I said to Nanna and positioned my self behind her.

Nanna looked at me questioningly but didn't say anything assuming that it was one of my silly jokes. She walked inside and I started walking behind her, hoping that my body was covered.

We sat on a table which had two seats and I silently thanked God because nothing had happened. Nobody had seen me. The diner was nice, it was lit with blue and red coloured lights but it wasn't burning the eyes. There was posters of old movies framed and the walls were made of bricks, giving the whole diner a very 90's look.

"I feel like my head is dizzy please order something for me," I said to Nanna, the head being dizzy being a total lie. I looked around to see what other people were having. Burger and fries was one dish which was almost ordered at eat table, I didn't offer Nanna any suggestion on what I wanted. She knew what I liked.

She didn't say anything and walked away. After ordering food for me she excused her self to go to the washroom and I covered my face with my palms. I had loads of assignments to finish beside the whole idea of someone looking at me was giving me anxiety.

I suddenly felt someone's presence in front of me, I thought, it was Nanna so I started babbling like I usually did, "I hate these pants. Actually, I love them but here-" I stopped when I saw who was sitting in front of me.

He smirked when he saw my stunned face and whispered, "I think they are hot."

I just nodded, when he looked at my stunned face his smirk widened and he got up, and in a matter of seconds, he had left. My eyes couldn't help but follow his movement. He turned back to look at me and winked. He was wearing a leather jacket, black shirt, and black pants. He looked very innocent but his tattoos on his fingers and lip piercing contradicted my opinion.