Chapter 58

Feather After // Chapter 58 // Truth And Lies

Aria's POV 

"What are you even talking about?" I asked Ignatius as he drank the second cup of masala chai. Now after saying that word for so long, I kind of had the swish in my mouth to move my tongue in such a way to make masala chai sound like masala chai.

"The Royal Society which was like I said was also known as the People's Society was abolished and this new society was formed, the new society consisted of a lot of people but the people were pure American men who were married, American woman, there were no changes, the people who were not pure Americans were not allowed to join the Society then, so the number of family that is the original Royal Society which was formed after the war had no additional members," he said and called the waitress for the bill.

When the waitress put the bill off the table, I snatched my credit card from the back pocket and gave it to her, "I got this," I told Ignatius.

He looked at me and put his hand on mine before I could hand my credit card to him. I tried to pull away from him but he held on to my hand. I tried glaring at him and tried pulling my hand away but all was in vain. He didn't even let me move my hand.

"No, you'll not pay the bill," he said and let go of my hand. I glared at him and rubbed my wrist, he did have a very firm grasp.

"But-"

"No, see I know you're all feminist but I'll pay the bill," he declared as if mentally adding no more question asked.

The waitress looked at me and then at him, maybe she was not used to people fighting over 5 dollar bill or maybe because she has never seen to peculiar people like us before.

"Why didn't you let me pay the bill?" I asked him when the waitress had left to get the credit card machine.

His hand clenched around his card and then he took a deep breath, "and risk your family knowing where you are? No way, no fucking way."

"What do you mean?" I asked him, I knew what he meant but I was still not able to believe what he was saying. It was not possible, no way.

"I mean, the only reason they have given you this damn card is that they want to know where you are. See do you get a message when you buy things from this card? What I mean is do you get a message when you buy something from this card?" He looked at me and I just looked at him. We both already knew that answer to that.

No, I never get any notifications or messages when I spent money from the card mother gave me this card quite recently. He looked at me and continued, "It's their way of knowing what you are going with the money."

"I don't, I don't know what to say," I told him honestly. I never thought this was possible. There was no way this was possible. No way.

"Well that's okay, you can't really do anything about it, you really can't," he held me and grabbed the credit card machine from the waitress and inserted the card in and then inserted the pin.

He paid the bill took the receipt and shoved in his pocket. "So where were we?"

"The peasant Society which was later started being called as the Royal Society," I told him as he nodded and he pressed his lips together.

"Well let's keep going if you don't want your mom to catch you with me," he said and got up. He waited for me to stand up and when I did, he went back to the counter.

There were pastries and different kinds of dessert that were placed on display, "do you want anything?" He said and tapped on the glass which was separating him and the pastries.