Chapter 31

Feather After // Chapter 31 // The Date Night

Aria's POV

"She is here! She is here," I heard Nanna gush as both the women tried to move out of the door at the same when the car stopped in front of the driveway. When the car stopped, Nanna walked towards me and patiently waited for me to step out the Car.

"Oh god, you'll be the death of me, Aria! How could you do it? Your mother and I were so-so-so scared. You don't know. What were you thinking?" She asked and put her hand on my shoulder and shook it. "Thank you, Jesus!" She mumbled and looked up at the sky. She then looked at me and gave me a tight hug.

"Aria!" I heard my mother say as she rushed out wearing her expensive silk robe and night slippers. "I was so scared, oh god!" She explained and shushed Nanna way while she hugged me and rubbed my back.

"I'll have to talk to that principal of yours. This is very careless of the school and I'll make sure this doesn't happen again. This is so not done!" I heard my father grumble as he passed the car keys to other drivers.

"She was locked in the library with a guy and I don't know what he was up to, this is not done, I have to make a few calls, I'll see you later," with my father left, Nanna, mother and me so stunned that we couldn't even move.

"Let's get some food in your stomach and please tell us what exactly happened there. We're very angry at the school authorities, this is not done. I'll make sure your father takes strict action against it," both the women walked side to side with me inside the house. Now don't ask me how we managed to squeeze through the door, all three of us together like a military wall. When we walked inside, mom made me sit on the dining table while she sat next to me. Nanna went inside the kitchen to make god knows what.

"So tell me what exactly happened?" I looked at her and debated whether I should exactly tell what happened or manipulate things a little bit. Knowing that father was very angry, I didn't want him to get into trouble because even if we were nothing, he had given me, my first kiss and made me feel all giggly and most of all wanted.

"Aria, snap out of it!" I heard my mother order and she put her hand under her chin and looked at me. Nanna put a bowl of steaming noodles in front of me while my mouth watered. It looked yummy or maybe I was happier because I hadn't eaten anything the whole day.

"Why don't you eat and tell me everything tomorrow, it's five in the morning and we have a long day today, so I'll be upstairs with your father if you need anything, don't hesitate to knock on the door," she looked at Nanna and nodded. She got up, ruffled my hair and walked away.

I looked at Nanna and offered her a seat. First she hesitated but then she sat down, "we were really worried about you, you know, I felt like jumping in your father's car when he left to search for you, I don't understand why you give us these mini heart attacks from time to time," I smiled at her as she poured water for me.

When I started eating, I couldn't help but ponder on different things which were happening around me, I didn't understand if my mother cared for me, as in she was a good businesswoman but in the urge of becoming a better businesswoman and a wife, she completely forgot about me. Although I was happy that I had Nanna, still, it stung sometimes. I just wanted her love, maybe I was asking for something which was too much for her and for me as well.

As I ate my last bite, Nanna offered to take my bowl, fork, and glass while I changed my clothes, although it had been a memorable night, I was very tired, from the drama and all the things which had happened in the past twenty-four hours. I got up and Nanna followed me. I went to my room and gave Nanna a last look before she came and gave me a hug.