Chapter 10

Feather After // Chapter 10 // Red As A Rose

Aria's POV 

I wanted to cry, to be honest. This was not supposed to happen. Now what? The assignment was due the next day and the canteen was closed now. To be very honest I did not know who to blame anymore. Things were not the best but they were not bearable also. I looked at him and waited for him, to pass another comment. But he didn't. He just stood next to me probably waiting for me to say anything. Somebody had to break the ice I guess it had to be me.

"Are you seriously that hungry?" I asked him and waited for him to reply. I saw his expression change but he quickly hid it away. I knew he wanted to suggest something but then he shut up. I could feel that he wanted to give up. We were standing in front of the cafeteria. The doors were closed and it seemed like we were the only ones left in school.

"Yeah, I'm hungry. We can go to some cafe-restaurant, instead?" He suggested. I knew he didn't want to help me, he was just irritating me knowing how much these grades mattered to me.

"Yeah, I know a small cafe nearby do you want to go there?" I inquired silently hoping that he would say yes. I did not know any other place here. I once got a cup of coffee from there. It was the day when Nanna and I had arrived in Seattle. We were coming to school that day, just to submit my portfolio and put my name on the admission list.

"Sure," my mood suddenly turned upside down. I felt my cheerful side come back. At least he was compromising now.

"Please follow me," I told him as I climbed down the three stairs of the cafeteria and walked towards the main hall where the lockers were situated. When I asked Ignatius if we wanted something from his locker he said that he didn't use his locker. I collected my bag and keep my folder in my bag.

"So you like this guy?" He said and pointed towards the innermost side of the locker which was had a picture of Nanna and I. There was another picture above it, of Niall Horan. I felt my cheeks turn red. I had completely forgotten that he was standing there otherwise I would have never opened my locker, that wider.

The picture was of Nanna and I, in which we were smiling wide looking at the camera. It was clicked in one of the beaches of Los Angeles. It was clicked last summer. The other picture was of Niall Horan from 'drag me down,' music video. He was wearing the orange astronaut suit and had aviators on. He looked so hot. I just smiled whenever I looked at it. I snapped back to reality hearing Ignatius's voice.

"I'm not asking you to marry me, am I? Stop blushing like that! It's kind of creepy," He said and shrugged his shoulder. I then closed my locker and put my hand in my pocket to grab my phone. I told him that I was going to call Nanna and then I explained to Nanna that I was going to a nearby cafe to complete my project without offering her details of the starving fish called Ignatius.

When I ended the call, Ignatius turned around and started moving towards the exit of the hall and he didn't even look around to see if I was following him. So I quickly locked my locker, closed my bag and ran after him. I didn't want to get late.

We were walking to the cafe. It was almost like an unspoken rule. He didn't offer me a ride and neither did I. We were not saying anything to each other and to me the silence was not even threatening. It was nice. I did not feel uncomfortable or awkward. It was good for a change.

"Oh, there it is," I turned towards him and pointed at a small building which was painted lime green in color. The doors and windows were covered in fake pink flowers and they didn't even look the only way I could tell the flowers were fake because I had touched them. It was three blocks away from the school. It was a great achievement, considering that we had walked three whole blocks without fighting or arguing.