Chapter 46

Feather After // Chapter 46 // Punches

Aria's POV 

It was a thundershock to me, I don't know how I managed to sustain it but yeah it was one hell of a shock. I don't remember what happened next. Everything else was a blur. I remember getting up from there and then Ignatius following me. I remember Zachariah, his mom and my mother run after me. It would have been better if they told me that they were not rich anymore. It would have been much better.

"I'm so sorry-" my mother mumbled and I turned to look at her. I had so much to say, so much to tell her. I wanted to shout at her and tell her that she was not a very nice person for doing what she did to me. I wanted to ask her how she would have felt when her mother would have put her through the same thing she was putting me through. I wish I could say something but only sobs left my mouth.

I opened my mouth to say something, anything but nothing happened, all I did was look at her. She was a beautiful woman, she had everything that woman her age would want; the perfect body, a good husband, money, cars, fame. But I sometimes really wondered what she was like on the inside. I sometimes wondered if she was genuinely my mother. And then I consoled myself by thinking that she was my mom and she knew things that I didn't know. Things that I couldn't see, maybe she was doing it for me. I wish I really knew what was going on.

"Aria, please don't create a scene, someone might see us," she said and walked towards me.

"I-" I couldn't say it; I couldn't say I hate you to the person who brought me in this world. I suddenly didn't care what anyone saw. I didn't care about what they said. I didn't care if my makeup was not perfect and that if my hair strand was out of place. I wanted everyone to see me. I wanted them to realize that in the name of society they did everything that they shouldn't have done. They degraded individual and pushed them so hard on the ground that they couldn't even crawl. They got the worst out of you and then judged you.

More tears poured out of my eyes, my vision blurred and I tried to look straight. But before I knew what was happening, I stopped breathing. I took a deep breath but nothing happened. I tried to take a deep breath in, my lungs felt heavy. I felt heavy in my stomach, even though I hadn't eaten anything, it felt like I had eaten a bunch of stuff. I wanted to vomit everything that I had in my stomach. My eyes watered and my head felt heavy.

"Aria please, sit somewhere," Zachariah said and stepped towards me. I stepped back, I didn't know if it was my reflex or not. But I couldn't do it. I just couldn't.

"She is having a panic attack you moron, step back!" Ignatius barked at Zachariah and pushed him back. I didn't know where he appeared from. I tried to take a deep breath again and then failed. "Step back everyone, move."

"What-" mother tried to speak. She was obviously cut off.

"You're daughter here is having a fucking panic attack! Move back," He told my mom and this time she actually stepped back.

"Aria, listen to me okay, lie down on the floor! The floor is cold that's okay! Just lie down. It doesn't matter what the fuçking bastards have to say!" He maintained his distance from me and that was one of the things I was really thankful for. I quickly did what was told to me. He then removed his coat jacket and threw it on the floor near me.

"Tuck it below your head okay? I don't want you to freeze. Just remain calm and concentrate on your breathing," I took the coat and put it below my head, In between my head and the cold floor.

"-but what about everyone else? What if someone sees us here?" I couldn't breathe but I knew it was my mother; she looked around here and there to see if someone was looking at us.