Chapter 33

Feather After  // Chapter 33 // Bad Jokes and Friendships

Aria's POV 

We sat at one corner of the room, while the other seats were occupied with people I didn't know anything about. The announcements were going on and on if I wasn't an English student I wouldn't have hesitated and blamed everything on lack of my English knowledge. While Zachariah sat next to me, he looked all pumped up. I wouldn't have been surprised if he jumped and landed himself in the glass box at the middle of the fight.

"Let's now welcome, the fighters of tonight's night!" The announcement was made, after hearing him announce that, the crowd cheered, thrust-ed their fist in the air, stood up on their seat, and screamed on the top of their lungs while looking at each other. If it hadn't been the bulky and scary guys surrounding me, it wouldn't have been any different than those one direction concerts.

"If you're new then listen to the rules carefully and if not then sit the fuck up because I want everyone clear on this," the whole auditorium was quite at once, the man was definitely a good speaker. "The fight will go on until one of the two fighters give up, or tabs out. If not then the fight will continue for an hour. The judges will decide who'll win at the end of the fourth hour if the fight goes on. If any of you mother fuçkers will try to enter the glass slab during the fight, you will be beaten to death!" The new announcer finished what he had to say and gave a nod to the other guy who was staring outside the podium. "Hold on to your panties tight, because on one side we have bolt! He is faster than the lighting and-" and the manner-less crowd erupted again, screaming was the only thing that I could be heard.

Panties?

Ew.

Before anything else happened a shiny door caught my eye. The letter B was embedded in it. It shimmered and twinkled. It was like those Barbie entries. The door slides open and a guy (hopefully) who I thought was Ignatius appeared. He wore a black hoodie that covered his face and his chest and trunk. He arms were bare from anything clothing, but his tattoos did the work of covering his arms.

He wore black trousers and a black pair of boots. His hands were covered in a white bandage and he clinched his palms so tight that I could literally see his well carved and worked out the arm from miles away. He walked into the glass before running all around the glass emporium as if he was greeting everyone in the audience. He removed his hoodie and I saw a black mask covering his face. When the audience saw him, they jumped out of their seats to applaud.

"Oh the other we have none of the other, the last year fight the ultimate winner, Lou!" He screamed in his microphone, and when I looked at him, all I saw, was his lips moving so close to the microphone, as if some pervert in the room, he would have surely yelled, 'once more.'

Lou, the guy bolt was fighting with appeared from the other side of the stadium, wore red leather pants and a white top. Only a few blue stars were missing, he would have surely looked like the American flag. He walked towards the audience and pushed both his arms up in the air, when the crowd stood up to applaud, he went wild. He started screaming and saying things one should never say. American flag was definitely on drugs.

With a ting one the bell, the fight began, he shouted something and ran towards the glass box in the middle of the stadium where bolt stood. They stood opposite to each other, and with their hands clenched into a fist, they looked at each other with murderous looks, with both the camera on zooming on each other's faces, everything was visible. I saw a drop of sweat move from bolts face. But he seems oblivious to it.

"Go!" The announcer announced and with a flash of light, the fight started. Bolt was calm and composed whereas the Lou guy looked so angry that it looked like he wanted to stomp on Bolt like a cat on a mouse.