Chapter 24

Feather After // Chapter 24 // Mrs. Jones

Aria's POV

It was crazy how a single glance could make my heart go crazy. After all the drama I wasn't a crazy bitch and the strange thing was that I was actually waiting for Mrs. Jones to come in the class. She was apparently a substitute for Mrs. Robinson whose son was not well. Nobody knew what had happened to Ignatius. Everyone was saying that it was somewhere related to our physics sir but there were no confirmations. I never thought that it could be true. I mean just because two events slightly coincided did not mean they were inter related.

All the students started entering the class one by one and soon the whole class was full except for the seat in front of me and obviously one or two seats here and there. There was so sign of Misty, maybe she was not attending the class today. Who knew? It was better for me because I, nowhere wanted to face her. She had suddenly become someone who I did not want to face. She was a good girl and a good friend but then, never mind.

Mrs. Jones entered the class and the whole class changed from being at a club to be at a funeral. With her sharp blue eyes and her framed spectacles on the bridge of her nose, she looked as if she could almost kill. She was wearing her red skirt, white top, which was tightly tugged into her skirt and obviously her loose bun. If I was any other person in the world, I wouldn't dare to mess with her. She gazed at everyone and then at me. She cleared her throat and said, "stand up and say good morning. Now, will I have to teach you basic manners?"

While everyone stood up to say good morning, she settled her self on the chair behind the teacher's table. When everyone was seated, she glared at everyone again I don't know what was wrong with her.

"Let's get clear with the rules first, no one will drink water in my class, your ass will be thrown out, no one talks in the class, the only talking you'll do, is with me. Please make an English rough notebook, where you'll write all the notes and if you're not interested in the beautiful and romantic language like literature please, stay out of the class. I have zero interest in teaching you then. And-" before she could say anything, Ignatius walked in the class, Mrs. Jones looked at him. She stood up and walked over to him.

"No one will be late in the class," She declared and looked at Ignatius. One the other hand Ignatius didn't hesitate to stare back. He didn't look scared, I felt scared for him. He was just going to get thrown out but it seemed like it didn't matter much to him.

"I'll let you walk in the class this time, but from next time I will not. This was the last rule, I hope you all got it," she put her hands behind her back. She strolled to her chair and sat down again.

The arrival of Ignatius was not a surprise for me, but for everyone who was there in the class. He was arrested not a day and he was back to school again. Everyone wanted to know about what had happened but nobody knew anything. Curiosity could be felt in the classroom but no one dared to say anything. Every eye was on Ignatius but he didn't seem to care about it. He walked inside the class with a notebook in his hand the notebook in his hand looked very out of place to me. It didn't look good in his hand. The notebook looked like a liability to me which everyone had just to get a good career.

He rolled his eyes and sat in front of me. He looked very unhappy and totally pissed off. He looked out of the window and then turned his head towards the other direction. He was looking everywhere except at Mrs. Jones. I looked at her and she seemed to be busy reading her notes. Suddenly the class opened again and this time out vice-principal walked in. He was an active and a thin person. No matter what the weather was, he always wore his light brown colored sweater. He looked at the whole class and called Mrs. Jones out of the class.

The only question which ran in my mind and I'm sure everyone's mind was whether he was talking about Ignatius had he done anything else? Nobody knew what to expect considering that Ignatius was expecting the unexpected, kind of a person. In two minutes, Mrs. Jones walked in again and this time she wasn't alone, a girl followed her. With her straight brown hair and her forehead covered by fringes, she didn't look like a native, maybe she was Korean, Chinese or Japanese? She had small eyes and wore a black pair of jeans with a white, 'I hate Mondays' shirt. The whole class was looking at her and she seemed very awkward about it.

"Everyone this is Rachel. She is new in your school, so I hope everyone will make her feel good. Don't act over smart with me because I even have eyes behind my back," She explained and I found it highly irrelevant. Rachel looked at the class and took a seat next to me. I looked at her and offered her the best smile I could.

Mrs. Jones started talking about what to expect during the year and what to do and what not to do. It was highly boring. I mean I didn't wake up in the morning to hear her say all this crap. I was better off at my house. She said that we would start doing poems and that we have to listen to her. She kept repeating the same thing again and again. For a minute I genuinely thought that she was great but now, no.

She turned around to write something on the whiteboard and then Ignatius turned back and looked at me. He wiggled his eyebrows at me and I just looked at him pretending that my heart hadn't skipped a beat when he did that. He smiled at me and I smiled back. He turned around and I saw him tear a page from his notebook. He quickly scribbled something and turned back again. He extended his hand to pass me the note when suddenly I heard Mrs. Jones shout "Ignatius and the girl sitting behind him, detention!"

MTTBB Is ranked #58 in romance, wow! Thankyou for reading.