Chapter 61

Feather After // Chapter 61 // Banned Members and Hot Dogs

Aria's POV

I don't know what I was supposed to think of the whole situation. I sat in front of Zachariah while I shoved the delicious waffle in my mouth. I was on a diet and I was quite aware of it. But when I laid my eyes on the waffles with the chocolate syrup and the chocolate ice cream on top of it, let's just say I'll start my diet again from tomorrow, again.

I wanted to really ask him what was going on or why was he behaving and acting the way he was but I didn't have the guts to. As I ate the waffles quietly he looked at me and smiled. I wanted to smile back and I couldn't.

"Thank you for this, I really needed this," I told him honestly while he nodded and then he leaned towards me. No, I couldn't kiss him again. The first time was a mistake and I couldn't do it again, I knew it was wrong. The whole situation was messed up, I yelled at Ignatius and got angry at him for being the way he was and I couldn't be like that.

I instinctively moved back, hell I was not going to kiss him again. He put his hand forward and then I realized what he was going, he was trying to wipe my face. I put my hand on my face and grabbed a tissue from the table; I smiled at him and confirmed, "I am good, thank you."

"Let's go, I have so much to show you, I'm pretty sure you don't want to go back there," he said and got up. Seeing him I stood up too and grabbed two-three more tissues in case I had to wipe something else in the future.

"Now that my stomach is full, I can think properly again. I-"

"So you're one of those people who are ruled by your tummy," he asked me, I ignored that he had rudely interrupted him but I ignored him anyway.

"Yes, you can say that I mean, it is kind of true. But as I was saying, I just kind of lost it when you know she didn't tell me that she hasn't called any of our relatives, I mean I need grandma and grandpa to be there. I'll never go through the plan without them."

He looked at me and nodded, if I was being honest, it was hard keeping conversation with him when we were not insulting each other. When I was with Ignatius conversations just happened, it just flowed. I mean it's not Zachariah's fault it was the way it was but everything felt much lighter with Ignatius.

I didn't want to sound weird up when I was with Ignatius, I felt protected, I felt happy. It wasn't like I didn't feel happy with Zachariah but it was very different from him.

"I get your point; it's nice to see you putting up with your family up like that. I mean not everyone does that," we started walking on the streets, I didn't know where we were going and I was okay with it.

"I think everyone would do that, it's nothing big about."

"You don't know the real world Aria. Be happy that you haven't seen that side of the world, be happy you haven't seen people bad," I could hear the sadness in his voice.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him and looked almost doubtful.

"Well," he said and paused as if he was trying to think and speak things he should speak without giving too many details.

"Well, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to but if you do choose to tell me I want you to know that your secrets are safe with me," I put my hand on his shoulder and smiled at him.

It wasn't about me and Ignatius anymore it was about him as well and I could clearly see that he was in distress and if I could do something to help me, I wanted to do that.

He nodded but opened his mouth to speak but then shut up again, and I just shrugged it off, I wanted him to tell what he wanted to tell me without me having to force things out of him.