Chapter 19

Feather After // Chapter 19 // In And Out Of Love

Aria' POV

 I couldn't comprehend what was happening with me. Why was everything so mean to me? What had I done? Maybe it was life. I couldn't comprehend it. But whatever It was, it wasn't fair. I started walking towards the store.

I didn't want to get caught by Nanna for crying. Then she would ask me what was wrong and then I would have to tell her everything. I didn't want that to happen. I could solve it on my own, I declared to myself.

Being self-reliant and self-sufficient was what I wanted and expected from myself. Nothing more and nothing less.

Walmart indeed had a very big parking lot. I walked and walked on the sideway, looking left and right because I didn't want to get hit by a car. I wanted to live and do great things in my life. I wiped the tears on my cheeks which had escaped my eyes a few minutes ago. Maybe I did not need anyone to wipe my tears away, I was my own hero.

If you see it wasn't Misty's fault as well. She didn't know that I had started liking Ignatius. If I would have known that there was something going on between her and him, I would have never been around him.

I never did my friend's boyfriend and their ex's or their crushes.

I was greeted by the automatic door and I went inside. I turned left towards the washrooms and entered inside. To my surprise, Nanna was standing there.

"What are you doing here Aria?" She asked me. I was beyond surprised. I didn't know what to say. My plan was backfired. I had to think of something soon. If I didn't, I would get caught in my own plan.

"Well I was looking for you Nanna, but then I suddenly remembered that I hadn't washed my hands, so here I'm," I told her and smirked at her, I knew she would fall in this trap. I saw her expressions. She looked at me and then she looked at my hands. She then looked back at my hands and then at the washroom door. She didn't know how to react.

"Oh my god! I raised you well Aria! Not like this! Please wash your hands. I'm waiting outside," she said and opened the tap for me. She looked beyond disgusted. So I was safe. I was surprised though that she didn't see what I was going through. Most of the times she could say what was wrong with me by looking at me. I washed my face with water and dried my face by wiping it in the sleeves of my shirt.

I walked outside the washroom and I saw her standing near the counter with a trolley in front of her. She looked at me and smiled. She pushed the shopping cart towards me and I knew what it meant. I had to follow her where ever she went. I had to take care of the shopping cart while she took care of the shopping. What a handy way to use people around you. When she saw that I got the shopping cart under control she started walking towards the vegetable and fruits counter which was towards the left.

She kept on putting different vegetables and fruit in the car while I stood in the corner. The procedure was very simple. She chose the vegetable she wanted, she filled it in a brown paper bag, weighed it and then put it in the cart. I felt very useless there. It would have been better if I had stayed at home and done something better like studying.

"Aria would you like bananas in your lunch for school?" She asked me while she proceeded to pick some.

"No Nanna, I don't like bananas," I made a disgusted face. I never liked bananas. I don't know why but I didn't like them. My grandfather didn't like it as well. But he told me that the first time they met, in a banana eating competition held in the Seattle Sick's stadium which was demolished later on. He said that he ate as many bananas he could just so that he could impress grandma. He felt really sick afterward.

"Then you will take Bananas for school from tomorrow. Please keep these in the trolley," She handed the banana bag to me and when I didn't take the bag from her she glared at me. I couldn't understand if she was teasing me or she was just doing it seriously, whatever it was.

"It's called a shopping cart Nanna," I told her and pushed the cart forward. She gave me that shut-up look and then continued doing what she did. I stood at the corner of the aisle feeling miserable. When I was not busy with Nanna I couldn't help but think about what has happened. Were Ignatius and Misty really dating? How come I didn't see it? Maybe it was all an illusion. But one thing was sure if they were dating, I would go as far as I could from Ignatius.

I wouldn't let my stupid feelings come in the way of two lovers. I wasn't that kind of person who would break everything to get what she wanted. And to be very honest I didn't even know what I felt for Ignatius. Maybe it was just a little crush. Why was I making it such a big issue? Everyone fell in and out of love every day.

But at some point of time, I just thought maybe this was all a mess? Maybe she and Ignatius were not dating and I was just hallucinating. Maybe it was all a big nasty shit and maybe Ignatius and I could be together? Who knew?

"Aria, let's go!" I heard Nanna shout. So she was done with her fruit and vegetable picking. Good for her. Everything else happened in a blur. Me pulling the cart, paying for the grocery and then sitting back in the car and then moving towards home as the police station was left behind along with my worries and thought. I suddenly heard my phone beep and it was a text message from misty.

I know you saw everything. Don't talk about it to anyone. NO ONE.

So they were indeed in a relationship. My heart sank. My hopes evaporated and I wanted to cry but I couldn't. Why was life so unfair? I took a deep breath in and then out. I had to keep shut for Nanna's sake. I couldn't tell her anything. It was all my fault. I shouldn't have fallen for him. Maybe it was just a crush and it would go away very soon.

We soon pulled in our driveway and we got out the car. My chauffeur smiled at me and I smiled back.

"They are waiting for you ma'am," he said to me and before I could say or think anything else Nanna was beside me.

"Just be strong," she told me. I tried to read her expression but I couldn't. She hid them well. She looked at me and started walking inside and I followed her.

*MTTBB was ranked #118 in romance section. THANKYOU To everyone who read this book. I love you guys!