Chapter 55

Feather After // Chapter 55 // Love Me

Aria's POV 

"Let's go," Ignatius told me as I kept my books in the locker and stuffed some in my bag. I rolled my eyes and he stood behind me not caring what others had to say. Misty walked by us and didn't say anything; she didn't even look at us. When she saw me looking at her, she just rolled her eyes. I turned to my left and saw Rachael standing in the corner with Xavier. We hadn't had a proper conversation and I knew we were going to have one real soon.

Rachael mouthed a quick call me once you get home and she raised her hand to her ears with her thumb and pinky sticking out. I nodded at her and smiled at Xavier. Xavier didn't smile back, he didn't even look that pleased with the whole idea but he just nodded nevertheless.

"Why is everyone staring at us?" I asked Ignatius who just looking at me and shrugged. He turned to look left and then right.

"I think, they are looking at you and not me, you're like the new celebrity they never had," he said and rubbed his thumb pad on the side of his lips.

"You were there too, but then why me?" I closed my locker and started walking with my bag in my hand.

"Aria, don't you know? You are a debutante, you made your first appearance, and no matter where your parent's company is right now, you guys had loads of money and your parents were like the power couple," he snatched my bag from my hand and carried it over his shoulder. He was serious when he said, that he wanted to woo me.

"That doesn't mean you know they'll make such a big issue of it," we walked through the school corridor and when I tried to snatch the bag from him he just didn't let me.

"See, we're banned from the Royal fucking society, when my mum married our school principal they didn't like it, no matter what you say Aria, no matter what we say. Nothing has changed; nothing ever changes in the upper or the lower class people. Aren't we living in the twenty-first century and see you're still going to get married so soon. They haven't even asked for your opinion. That's the way it is."

Silence, I had nothing to say. No matter how much I wanted to say; what I wanted to say, I knew what he was saying was true and there was nothing in the world that could make it any better. Nothing in the world that could make it work.'

"I'm sorry; I didn't mean to put this thing on you, I mean you know? Words didn't come out right, all I wanted to say or all I wanted to deliver from my speech was that the Rich people, no offense," he looked at me and raised his hands up in surrender," are into clothes and everything, they would rather have you look great even if you had a shitty personality you know? They are quick to judge you like if I hadn't remove my lip rings and covered up my tattoos they wouldn't have let me in,"

I just nodded, "none taken," I told him. He was right. I knew it. Soon we walked out of school and I smiled at him. Although he was really fucked up and did things one shouldn't do, he was a nice guy with good brain power.

"Wait for a second," I looked at him and he stopped in his tracks. He raised his eyebrow at me and I told me or asked him," what will I tell my parents?"

Ignatius looked at me and rolled his eyes.

"Just tell them, you'll be busy. Just say you're going to Rachel's," Ignatius told me. As I had promised him, I had given him a few days to make me fall in love with him. But the only problem was that I didn't know what to say to my parents. I sometimes asked myself, why did I even say yes to him? How could someone make someone who was already in love with someone, fall in love with that someone?