Chapter 6

Feather After // Chapter 6 // It's Nice, Almost.

Aria's POV

The last two-three days had been the most difficult days of my entire seventeen years of existence. I was under full medical attention and I hated it very much, each and every aspect of it. My head injury was a major issue (according to the doctors) and I was a drip on and had a high fever. My blood vessels had disappeared and now it was more difficult to give me medicine.

I had multiple holes in my hands and legs, which were not visible to the naked human eye. The problem which irritated me the most is that the doctor said that they would now use my thigh blood vessel to inject the needle of the drip because they couldn't find any on my hands.

Much to my dismay, my parents had been informed about my injury and they were taking a flight back as soon as they could. That's what I was told yesterday. That means that they could be here any moment. The thought of their presence made my heart accelerate and I was pretty sure that I wouldn't even understand how to great them. Maybe an awkward handshake or even a polite hello would do.

The food here was worse. I didn't like it. I missed my house, I wanted a little peace. The constant chit-chat and disturbances made me feel sicker. When I look out of the window in the hospital, all I could see was cars, different kinds of cars parked over a big piece of land. When I looked out at the window for the first time, that time I realized that the number of cars people were purchasing every day had increased.

Back to the food, yesterday the hospital staff gave me that yellow oat's meal. (Yellow because it had an ingredient which enhanced the taste but according to me it worked quite opposite to it) I wanted to throw it but then Nanna kept staring at me until I finished it. Then I had to eat a damn banana.

The point was the food that I was being served would have been good on an average day, but I was in the hospital and nothing made it easier.

When this torture was over; supper time happened, where I was given a bowl of tomato soup. I didn't like tomato or anything made of it. When the nurse forced me to eat it, I started crying and then Nanna shooed the nurse away telling her that she would make sure that I drank it. Then when I refused to open my mouth, she told me about how people don't have food to eat so at the end of the long lecture I decided to drink it. I couldn't bear it anymore so at the time of dinner, I pretended to be asleep and thankfully nobody disturbed me.

Back to reality, today because I was alright, I was going home (maybe) nothing was sure and I know one thing that I couldn't be there anymore, it was too disturbing and difficult. I laid on my bed and I have sent Nanna to get me a cup of hot chocolate with extra whipped cream. I remember when I was little my dream was to replace the water in the beautiful black marble fountain to hot chocolate. I even had dreams that I was swimming in the fountain but then I grew up.

The only thing which was running in my mind was my homework and the work that I had missed in the past, number of days. I picked my phone and saw that there was a message from Misty.

Misty: Heard you are in the hospital. Hope everything is alright.

So the whole school knew I was in the hospital? Great. That's was the last thing I wanted to happen. The problem was that when I would attend any class after getting discharged ( hopefully tomorrow ) I will have to tell the same story to everyone. Misty was a nice girl and my first friend in Maple High, she was gorgeous. She had that perfect body with the right amount of booties and boobies. She had blond hair but then because she didn't like it, she colored her hair every now and then. She was Taylor Oakley of our school. You could see her in every hair color except blond.

Me: I'm fine, Thank-you.

To my surprise, she replied within seconds. It was kind of difficult to move my fingers because they were still sore but I typed anyways.

Misty: formal as always. Don't worry I will drop all the assignments at your home and then you could complete it.

Me: Thank-you, you are my rock :P anyways how is school?

Misty: boring as hell. Be back soon. It's annoying. Btw the bad boy is back!!!! ;D

Me: should I be happy? Who is he anyway?

Misty: very. I have to go will tell you when you come back. Take care. Byeeeeeeeeeee.

Me: Bye.

I smiled and I felt relieved for a second. Life wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. It was going smoothing for a change even if it was for seconds. It was nice, almost. I was thankful that I become friends with Misty, she had helped me and there was no way I was going to hurt her.

Suddenly the room opened and I expected Nanna to enter but she wasn't there because the minute she would have entered the room, she would have started talking. When no sounds came, I looked up and saw my parents dressed in formals. Mine smiled suddenly faded and I didn't know what to do.

My mother looked at me and my kind of (tried to) offer me a smile which she excepted.

"Are you alright?" She asked and I nodded my head. I suddenly couldn't speak. They walked in and sat on the couch next to my bed. To my surprise, they didn't complain about the couch and my mother even sat on the Stool near my bed. "Do you remember what happened?"

I shook my head a no and she continued, "According to the doctors, you're hallucinating, you're under acute pressure. You're seeing things which don't exist."

Like you.

And then to my surprise, Nanna entered the room in a hurry. She was scared it was evident on her face. She was not expecting them like me. She was unhappy like me. But there was a difference, she had a choice and I didn't.

"You didn't tell her did you?" My father asked her and for the first time he spoke.

"Tell me what?" I asked.

"I was about to then this mishap happened," She explained and they both ignored my presence, like always.

"What is going on?"

And all the heads turned towards me.