Chapter 63

Feather After // Chapter 63 // Trust Issues And Disgrace

Aria's POV

I had two things in my mind, one I did not know what was going on with Zachariah and I. I didn't know why he had kissed me like that, I wanted to make things clear to him but I was too preoccupied with the whole Royal Society to even ask him about it. I know our picture would make it to the newspaper and then I wouldn't have been able to face Ignatius, what would I have even told him? That I kissed him and I didn't mean it? That I didn't even know why he kissed me? Or that I didn't kiss him back?

The second thing was about Misty, she had gone through so much and I didn't even have the slighted bit of idea. She was drugged at a frat party and then she was raped. She was stripped of her title as the member of the Royal Society only after being the youngest debutante of the Royal Society. God knows what she has been through. Being the part of Royal Society was her dream and I couldn't even imagine what she would have felt like.

When I met Misty at school, I smiled at her and she smiled back, I wanted to go and say sorry and tell her how sorry I was but I let it be, I couldn't imagine how uncomfortable it would be for her if I just went and told her that I know what happened to her.

School was very long, it was of the usual timing but it wasn't fun. All my energy was drained with Physics, Chemistry and Biology classes. I had to deal with Xavier on top of that. His jokes were killing me; they were not at all funny. He kept talking about how Selena Gomez was his wife and how she will come running back to him once she gets to know what a Macho man he was.

He kept talking about this another girl who was winking at her in class and how she had said to her friends that Xavier liked her. He even said that she was receiving the signals he had never emitted.

Well, let me tell you, Xavier and his stories about girls were never-ending, according to what he had told me and talked about, a lot of girls like Xavier. He was like a dream boy for loads of girls. As much as he liked the attention, he sometimes got fed up of it. And today was one of those days.

As Rachael and I kept rolling our eyes and he kept on going about it. When I came back home, I went straight to my mom, she was in her office and the door was closed, I knocked on the door and asked if I could come in.

She shouted a quick yes and I went inside. She was sitting on her plush couch and I cleared my throat to get attention and she looked up, "what can I do for you Aria?"

"Can Nanna and I go to the Royal Society Palace mom?" She looked at me as if I was joking or something.

"And why would you want to do so?" She raised her eyebrows at me, I guess it was hard for her to accept that I was interested in her world.

"I'll have to the part of it from Sunday so I might as well have a look at it, only if you don't mind, I'm done with homework anyway," I hope that she would say yes.

"Well if you insist then why not, take my driver with you," she said and I nodded, she had said yes and I couldn't believe it. Most of the time I had to ask Nanna because she wasn't around and let's just say Nanna is not that open with the idea of letting us go alone anywhere. As I was turning around she called me and she added, "call Zachariah if you want to."

Well, I didn't want to call Zachariah at all; after he had kissed me things would have gone awkward. "Are you done with the wedding preparations?" Her eyes searched my eyes as if she was trying to find the mischief behind it.

When she felt that I was genuinely asking her that, she smiled, "it's happening, you know how these things are, hectic," she said and touched her forehead and then continued, "but I'm sure we have enough time to make sure that everything is right."