Chapter 52

Feather After // Chapter 52 // Stand Up

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END!

Aria's POV

Slut.

The word was written across my locker with bold red. For instance, I didn't know what to do. I looked left and right and then I realized that people around me knew what was going on. They knew, what had happened and yet they didn't do anything about it. Not that I was expecting them to fight for me but yeah it would have been better if they won't have made such a big issue about it.

I was famous and I was rich by birth. It wasn't like when I was with God, I told God, 'oh please give me a rich family.' It was the way it was. If I had known that Meet Gala was such a big issue I wouldn't have ever thought about going there. People were judging me just because I had money and fame. They knew I was going to be married but little did they know that it wasn't my choice.

When I saw slut written on my locker, I wanted to run straight to Rachael and I wanted to ask her to help me but I didn't know what to ask her, what would I have told her? 'People are calling me slut' help me?' Or 'please make everything which is wrong stop.' I was in a situation where I had to deal with this on my own and the problem was I did not know how to deal with it.

I took a deep breath and walked towards the hall for biology, I had no books, no stationary and with bare hands, I made my way to the room. The words were still ringing in my head and the last thing that was in my hand was biology.

When I entered the class, a lot of students turned to look at me but I assumed and somewhere I hoped that it was the opening of the door that attracted them and not my face. I bowed my head down and walked towards the last desk where Xavier was sitting in hope that he wouldn't abandon me just because I was someone he thought I was not.

"Hey," I greeted him and I pulled a stool from the space below the desk and sat down.

"Where did you go?" He didn't look surprised. He pushed his book towards my direction so that the book was now lying at the entire table after; realizing that I had nothing.

"I don't know. I couldn't handle people knowing about it. I mean, I never thought it was a big deal until now," I flipped the pages of the book and pretended as if I had found something so very interesting. The truth was I couldn't meet his eyes. I didn't know what he thought and I was scared that he won't feel what I wanted him to feel.

"Honestly, why do you care what people think? I mean it doesn't matter what they say!" He exclaimed rather angrily. His veins on his neck popped out and his eyes dilated as if he was trying not to sound angry.

"Somebody wrote slut on my locker with paint, now tell me how I'm supposed to react to that? Maybe I should stand next to my locker and shout paint me red," I told him whilst I put my had midway in the air and leaned my head back.

"You could be like the modern Jesus you know? No offense thought," he raised his hands in the air and made the sorry face.

"It's not funny like I don't know what I did to deserve this but it's getting over the top," I shook my head in hope that I'll be able to take the thought of the slut thing out of my mind, but it was nearly impossible.

"Arial, that's a pretty name, anyway, they hate you, until today you have everything that they had but now that they have realized that you have way more than they ever will, they are unhappy about it and let me tell you, hatred in a strange emotion, it brings the worst out of people," he shook his head as if he was disapproving with the way people where behaving.