Chapter 28

Married To The Bad Boy// Chapter 28 // Plastic Ring And A Sensitive Heart

Aria's POV 

"What are you doing?" I shouted at him when I saw him approaching the librarian's desk. If he was going to steal something, I was mentally prepared to shout thief-thief out loud but then I realized that there was no point in doing that because we were alone and their was nobody who could hear us because I had tried screaming my lungs out but nothing had happened.

He opened the main drawer and took out a packet of crackers. He opened it and put his hand inside the packet. There was a plastic ring in it wrapped in a small plastic bag, he put in his pocket and smiled at me. I rolled my eyes at him as he continued to look for other things and looked at his smile when he found anything of interest. He didn't take anything else and kept looking here and there.

After some time, I was waiting with Ignatius for some miracle to happen. I wanted him far away from me because strange things happened whenever we were together and it was not that nice. We were sitting on the floor with our back turned to the romance section of the book when suddenly Ignatius moved, I looked at him and when he saw me looking at him, he smirked at me then he moved his pelvis up in the air to grab something from of his pocket.

"What is this?" I asked and looked at the steel container. It looked like the one which was used to store liquors in the 90s. The container which was almost a small bottle was black in color with very beautiful and elegant silver strokes. The little bottle looked very expensive, just like the one which my grandfather had.

"This is water, do you want some?" He asked and opened the cap. He put his lips on the rim of the bottle and drank from it. I saw his neck move when he was gulping water and I turned my head to the other direction.

"There you go," I heard him say and he passed the water to me. I took the little metallic thing from his hand and poured some of the water in my mouth. When I gulped the liquid I literally felt the liquid burning my throat. I tried to choke it out but it was no use. Just because of him, I felt worse than I already did.

I could feel the liquid traveling down my esophagus and I coughed. I looked at him and he kept looking at me. "What the hell was this?" I asked him as I returned that metal bottle back to him. I suddenly felt silly and suddenly my head started to spin.

What is happening?

"So Aria tell me something?" I heard Ignatius say and he turned to look at me.

What the hell did he want?

I hummed along and looked at him. Giving him the signal to keep speaking he looked up at me and asked, "what is the craziest thing have you done lately?"

I wanted to smack his head for asking that question. It was almost as if he was laughing at me for being a saint my whole life. He knew that I had done nothing in my life but still he wanted to mock me and make fun of me.

"What is the craziest thing that you have done huh?" I asked him and he smiled at me. I looked at him with my raised eyebrow and he kept looking back at me.

"I asked you first you know," he smiled at me again and I wanted to punch his face. One thing was pretty clear in my mind that whatever Ignatius had made me drink was not water because suddenly I could feel that my mouth and body were not under my control. For a sober person like myself, even this could have been the definition of drunk.

I bit my lip because I didn't want to tell him that I was getting married very soon and that I wouldn't have a life of my own because I was going to do what my parents had expected of me. All my life, (I didn't want to start again but I could talk about this hundred of times but I still felt as bad as bad as if I was talking about it the very first time), I didn't want to tell this to a lot of people because I didn't want them to think that I victim of sadness and loneliness.

"So you have not done anything exciting, have you?" He asked me again. Oh god, the urge of blurting out everything that had happened in the past seventeen years of my life was overwhelming but I stayed quiet.

"Well,-"

"You have not done anything in your life Aria, you're so boring," He smiled at me, again. I couldn't take it anymore.

"Well, I'm getting married. So don't laugh, it's like an arranged marriage and I don't even like the guy I'm getting married to, it's just that, that's what my parents have asked of me. And even if I don't want to do it, I have no other option so there you go," I told him and looked at him. He was shocked but he masked his expression. I suddenly felt my eyes blurring and in no time, tears started falling down my face. I didn't want to cry in front of him. He was the last person I wanted to actually show my weaknesses too, so I stood up and started walking towards the door of the library. I wanted to get as far as I could, from him.

"You never asked me what is the craziest thing I have done," I heard him say and I wiped my tears, blew some air out and turned around.

When I turned to look at him, my heart skipped a beat. He was sitting on one knee while his one hand rested on his thigh the other hand held on to the plastic ring. I took a deep breath and heard him whisper, "Marry me?"