Chapter 49

Married To The Bad Boy // Chapter 49 // After Taste

Aria's POV

"How was the meet gala?" Rachael asked me while I tried to hold back a yawn. I couldn't sleep at night. I wanted to but I couldn't. I smiled and smiled and smiled. It felt nice, almost surreal. I couldn't believe it was happening.

"It was nice, crazy almost," I looked around to see people around me. Everyone was looking at me or at least I felt that they were. Maybe I was not well. Maybe it was the fault of my sleep deprived body and brain.

"You have dark circles under your eyes, good thing you're wearing specs. Otherwise, it would have been pretty evident," she smiled and put her hands up in the air. I knew she wanted to pull my cheeks. The last thing I wanted her to do was to pull my cheeks in the middle of the hallway and scream, 'so soft.'

I put both my hands on my cheeks and glared at her. She just smiled and her eyes curled up. She was a natural; I don't understand what was she going with me? She belonged with the elite group.

"Oh please, don't touch them. I won't be surprised if in ten years I get a wedding card and I hear that you're going to marry a girl. Seriously when are you coming out?" She looked at me and made a puking face.

"You wish, I was gay, I know you want to be in a relationship with me," she flipped her hair and made a poker face.

"I'm already engaged to be married in two weeks now. Not even two weeks just thirteen days. I'll be Mrs, how ironic is it," I told her and saw her face drop. I shouldn't have said that.

"I really wish I could do something for you, I wish-I'm so sorry," she pulled me close to her, in a hug," everything will be okay, don't worry. Remember, always remember, everything happens for a reason."

She pulled back and smiled before I knew what was happening, her hands found my cheek and she exclaimed in that screechy voice of her, "so cute!"

Ah, kill me now. She was so embarrassing. Everyone who was present in the hall looked at us as if I was already not getting mouth stares already.

"Girls," I heard someone say, it was the great Mr. Xavier himself. He had befriended me as he knew me from ages.

"Come here," he pulled us together in a group hug and I smiled, although we had just become friends, there was a strange feeling of togetherness with him. He made me feel so happy. He was a positive person. A kind of person who wouldn't make you feel sad with the stories of the bad things happening with them.

"How are my two very favorite girls?" He asked and scrunched his nose up. He waved his hand near his nose and continued, "You guys smell like shit, you're destroying my positive aura," and he turned around in a full circle.

"We don't smell like-"

"Anyway I have some questions for you lovely ladies, the questions that I have been made by me," he told us and smirked. Rachael and I looked at each other and we shared s long look. I wanted to run in the opposite direction, I was not ready for a pop quiz part two.

"Can we at least go and sit somewhere, like you know where I don't have the urge to bang your head on the lockers or the wall," I asked them. Rachael smiled while Xavier gave me that 'what the hell' look.

"What's the prize?" Rachael asked.

"You want something, babes, you get my company, be happy."

I rolled my eyes and looked at him. Seeing that we haven't moved he looked at us and smiled, "well the first question is; why I don't like insect jokes?"