Chapter 25

Feather After // Chapter 25 // Pizza And Coffee

Aria's POV 

So after being thrown out of class like two pebbles in the pond, I was trying my best to keep my tears at bay. I would have totally been okay if it would all have been my fault but knowing that it wasn't, I wanted to cry. After joining this school, it had happened with me not once but twice, now. You don't have to cry, I tried to console myself but I failed miserably. With Ignatius standing next to me, things were not even that easy. I had kept the note somewhere in my bag, and I didn't want to look at it.

"Aria-" before he could even complete his sentence, I looked at him and he automatically shut up.

So, the situation was, that we were asked to stand outside the classroom until the English class ended. Then we were free to attend other classes or leave but at the end of the day, we had to meet in the library for detention. What a great way to start the day. I knew that Ignatius was looking at me and I wanted to turn towards him and scream my lungs out at him.

He sometimes got my heart into trouble and sometimes me into trouble. Having Ignatius around me was like having trouble around me. I somewhere liked trouble. Thinking of good things would help me but suddenly I couldn't think of any good thing. Ignatius kept on looking at me and I kept on trying to ignore him, which was kind of impossible.

I started tapping my foot on the ground and waited for time to get over. I saw students passing by and they kept looking at us. What a funny situation it must be for them. A saw a group of four people approaching us and when they saw us standing outside the class they started laughing at us. I turned my back towards them and blinked my eyes away. I already felt bad and they were not making me feel any better. I felt Ignatius's eyes on me, again.

"What the fcuk are you looking at losers? It wouldn't take time to break those teeth of yours, so I suggest keeping moving cunts!" I heard him shout. I looked at him, and he was angry.

The tension was radiating through his body and hurriedly looked for Mrs. Jones. Hopefully, she was busy scolding someone in the class so she didn't look at us.

I didn't say anything to him and suddenly the bell rang, it was the end of the torturous English slash stand outside the class for doing nothing class.

I started walking towards the locker and took out my stuff. I went to the washroom to wash my face and when I was done I walked out to attend my other classes in a new mood. I tried to pretend as if nothing wrong had happened.

The plan was very successful, the whole day I pretended to be happy and it had kind of worked. After stopping by at my locker, I walked to the cafeteria because I didn't want to eat the sandwich which Nanna had made.

I wanted something which contained fat and loads of fat. I walked in the cafeteria which was very big and spacious. The counter was right in front of the gate and behind it was the graffiti wall, which was made by the art club last year, that's what I had heard from Misty and it read, 'The Cafeteria'.

Jonny Bravo, minions, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and a huge subway sandwich were made on the wall. Jonny Bravo was eating the big sandwich while Mickey, Minnie, and the minions were staring at him, the concept was okay but it was pulled out very well. It made our cafeteria look nice for a change.

I went to order my food and I ordered a slice of pizza and two cups for coffee. Maybe that's what I needed, caffeine in my body. I pulled out my card from the back pocket of my jeans and started handing them to her. She didn't take and kept looking at me. "We don't take cards, cask only," She looked at me intently.

What should I have done then? I was pretty sure I had no cash, thanks to my parents who thought that cards were safer, "I don't have cash." I told her. So she kept looking at me and then eyed me again.

"Then keep the food back and leave," She bluntly spoke. That was humiliating. I didn't want to do that because I was hungry and I needed food. I looked at the plate and then at her, I was just going to plead to her when I heard, Rachel's voice, "I'll pay for your meal, don't worry."

She paid for my meal and her meal and I thanked her. Who does that for anyone, nowadays? We sat together at the corner of the cafeteria while she looked at people around her, I soon finished eating, and started to get up, "I'll give you the money back tomorrow and thank-you for helping me out."

"Don't pay me back just show me the way to the washroom," I smiled at her when she said that.

"This way ma'am," I told her and signaled her to follow me.

We walked towards the washroom together side by side, and when I opened the washroom door, I couldn't move. I saw Ignatius standing in the washroom with a girl. My heart stopped beating and I felt like I would faint anytime. Rachel was standing next to me. She stopped moving when I did and looked where I was looking.

I saw him kissing her. I don't know who she was because her back was turned to me. Ignatius was enjoying it, I could see it. His eyes were closed as if he was trying to soak in everything he could of her and his hands were placed on her head, keeping it in the right position. When I saw it, my heart broke into a million pieces.

The tears which I had managed to keep at bay the whole time were not under my control. Rachel grabbed my hand. She started pulling me towards the other direction. She was walking in front of me while pulling me along with her. I turned around to look at him, and to my surprise, he was looking at me.

MTTBB Was #39 in romance today. Thank you for reading.