Chapter 60

Feather After // Chapter 60 // Anger Management And Waffles

Aria's POV

I don't know if I was supposed to be happy or sad when I saw him there. I don't know why I had seen him, it wasn't like I was supposed to, he was standing very far away from me. I looked at him and raised my eye brow at him, he looked at me and I was looking at him.

"What are you staring at?" She asked me while she tried to catch the direction I was looking at. When she couldn't find it, she looked at me again and continued, "No funny business Aria, no funny business."

I had the urge to say something back to her, like same to you or whatever but then I refrained my self. I had more important issues I had in my mind like surviving the day in the massive killer heels without falling flat on my face.

"Ma'am, Miss. Potato! It's my pleasure that you could make it on time tonight!" I heard someone say from behind me and I instantly knew who it was. Nobody called me a potato at least not in front of my mother except Zachariah himself.

When my mom heard Zachariah speak, she smiled at him. She gave him his big toothy smile and I wasn't even sure the last time she has given me that smile. She moved and engulfed him in a hug, and patted his back. She pulled him back and then smiled at him again.

"How are you?" He asked me while I moved closer to him. He wrapped his hands around my shoulder and then mumbled in my ears, "Smile, the paparazzi are looking, and probably clicking pictures."

I did as he told me and he didn't let me go. I burrowed my head on his shoulder to make it look more real. I gave in my best smile to make it look better. After a few minutes, I opened my eyes and my eyes fell on Ignatius. He was standing right at the corner and his eyes never left mine. But as soon as Zachariah left me he dropped the gaze and disappeared again.

I wanted to go and follow him but I couldn't find him anywhere. I pulled back from Zachariah who just cheekily smiled at me. I smiled back, he was a good person. All I got was positive vibes from him. He was every girl's dream, he was stable at a very young age, had a good sense of humor, knew how to charm mothers, did I mention my mother was in love with him? And most importantly he was caring and sensitive but I don't know why I still wanted to be with Ignatius.

Ignatius was the exact opposite of Zachariah, he wasn't rich, neither he was stable. He earned money by illegal street fighting, he had temperament issues and the most important problem was I was not sure what he thought, he was unpredictable. And still I liked him, and as much as it shocked me, I still believed he was capable of change and that he was capable of love.

"Let's go," I heard Zachariah say and I was snapped out of my thoughts and I just nodded. He took my hands in his and I looked back and saw mother following us. We entered a room which was grand, it's was full of people.

There was a huge chocolate fountain at the center of the room which was surrounded by different kinds of food items. There were bowls next to them and a serving spoon. I had the urge and go and dive into the chocolate fountain but I had to refrain myself from going near it. There were small round tables around the chocolate fountain and people were sitting on the chairs.

"I thought it was a dinner," I told Zachariah as he led as to a small table at the end of the hall.

He looked at me and then pulled a seat for my mother, "it's a brunch, my dad is hosting for our engagement celebration, all of my dad's friends are here," he said, and pulled a chair out for me.

I narrowed my eyes at him, was he going to pull the chair back when I was going to sit? He was likely to do things like that. I didn't want to land on my butt so I kept on holding to the chair as I sat. He raised his eyebrows at me but I just shrugged it off.