Chapter 66

Feather After // Chapter 66 // Make Up And Down

Aria's POV

I closed my eyes and huffed, was I actually doing it? Was I ready for it? I took a deep breath and looked at the address. It was the same address Ignatius had given me. It was time for a party, and I wasn't sure how it was supposed to be. I had never attended one of those in my whole life just yet and I wasn't even sure if I was ready for it. Rachael and Xavier had promised that they were going to be in there but I wasn't still sure if they were inside or not, so I just took a deep breath.

I rubbed my hand over my skirt because my palms were sweaty and also because I wanted to straighten the already well-pressed skirt. I looked down at my outfit, I was wearing this black shirt which just reached above my knees and an off shoulder black top which were paired with my ankle-length black shoes. I had a red bandana wrapped over my head and my flicks were still lying on my forehead. Gemma had done my eyes make up maybe she had also let me borrow her skirt and her top.

The clothes I wore were very different from the ones I usually wore. Recently my mom had tried to upgrade my clothes just to make me look a little more Royal Society elite class worthy chick but I wasn't still sure how that was working. Well, to be honest, it wasn't working at all. I was more of black jeans, slip on T-shirt type girl. All the clothes that I had were T-Shirts only. Nanna said that was best for school because she also said that guys my age were horny. Anyways she always chose what I wear and what I did, it was only because I was getting married that they let me go out tonight.

I looked to my right and then to my left. I can do this; I would probably drink some champagne or some wine then dance and then go home. I guess that was supposed to happen. I didn't think much of it.

"Ready?" I turned around and saw Xavier walking towards me. He was wearing a white tee and black pants. He had his hands in his pockets and he looked more handsome than ever, "you don't look like shit, that's a change."

"Well, what can I say you don't look that bad, yourself," I smile at him and he put his left arm around my shoulder. As soon as he put his arm around me, I was engulfed by his deodorant, "this smells nice, what is this?"

"Haven't you heard about deodorant before, cave girl?" He smirked down at me.

"No I haven't, I just thought that you have just rubbed some flowers on yourself," I rolled my eyes and so did he.

"I never had to rub myself if you're asking; I'm not that bad you know?"

"In bed or in real life? I guess you're, otherwise, you won't offer me explanations of your jerking off experiences."

I didn't even realize that we were standing on the door of the house, I looked at Xavier and he looked at me, he nodded at me. I guess he already knew I was not going to be fine here.

"Rules before we go inside," he abruptly said as we were going to step inside the house. The whole house was glowing with lights and anyone could hear the loud music from ten blocks away. The halls of the house were full and the people were dancing to the music. I looked at him and when he knew he had my attention he continued, "do not drink from the cup anyone offers you expect the bartender, there are chances that there will be no bartenders so open the Beer bottles on your own, there is a huge game of spiking the drinks and it's not so neat, since you're not much of an alcohol drinker."

"Okay I got-"

"No, I'm not finished yet," he interrupted and glared at me, "no neat drinks, neat drink means no plain Vodka or any other strong drink without juice or anything soft, okay? Now let's get going," he said and linked my arms to his. He pulled us into the house and it smelled of sweat and alcohol. Nobody gave any shit about anyone else. People were moving their bodies to the rhythm of the music; it was so nice to see that.