"That's great! I haven't met you mom yet" he said with a nod.

"No, no no no your not meeting my mom" I said hurriedly.

My mom meeting Carter is not a good idea.

"Why? You met my mom so its only fair" he replied back.

I sighed and looked at him. I am going to imagine that I agreed for this just to shut him up.

But of course I didn't.

I just want to spend time with him, be with him. These hazel eyes are driving me crazy.

........................

I was standing in my mom's kitchen eating an orange. She had given me and the twins a room upstairs. Millie is sleeping with her.

My mother is thrilled to have us here, she has been cooking and cleaning, wanting to just take care of us.

I like her presence around. With dad I don't really get to spend much time with him. He is always working, always out. Its nice to have someone in the house, giving you juice when your doing homework.

My mom has come up so many times now asking if I want anything, to many kids my age this is annoying but I find it nice.

I have missed my mom.

There was a knock on the door, I took the last bite of my orange and made my way towards the front door. But my mom beat me to it.

She opened the door while I stood behind her and saw Carter standing on the other side.

"Hello" said Carter with a smile.

That charming smile.

"Hello and who are you?" Asked my mom returning that smile.

"He's my friend, I'll be back for dinner" I said dashing towards the door.

"I'm Carter, nice to meet you" said Carter shaking his hand with mom.

"Oh nice to meet you too, Eva has never told me about you" replied my mom.

Why is no one noticing me?

"Mom I did, right now"

"Carter why don't you join us for dinner tonight?"

I sighed trying to control myself. I know full well why she wants Carter at the dinner.

"I would love to but I actually have to go somewhere" replied Carter.

I took a breath of relief, I was sure Carter was going to agree.

"Okay, we'll go then" I said holding Carter's arm and dragging him out.

"Have fun" called my mom after us and then I heard the door close.

"Your mom is nice" said Carter as we walked down the street.

"Thankyou"

We were going to the park nearby, the weather was cold. It always gets cold at night.

"What about your parents? Are they still here?" I asked as we entered the park.

There were few people here, mostly it were kids playing around.

"No they're gone with a promise that they will return soon" huffed Carter.

"You know I enjoyed that dinner with you parents" I said.

"You don't have to do that Eva"

"Make me feel better about my family" he said stopping in his tracks.