Chapter 57

Alexis

A month later

I stood in J's office, watching him stare at all the new stuff he got after the recent mission we both went to. I've currently been getting better with fighting and missions, I honestly couldn't be any happier. I felt like I was finally back to where I used to be, a criminal. I mean, I'll always be a criminal but I felt like I was normal for a while. Even though J is faaaar from normal, he somehow made me feel sane and happy.

He also kept pushing on about how he was almost done with missions, that he'll stop and focus on me but nothing has happened and I felt as if he's not ready to drop the whole criminal, he loves having peoples attention, having them cry, having them shake just by hearing his name. He enjoys the attention.

I huff, walking out of his office and walks around the house as I cross my arms over my chest. What am I to do? I can't force someone to love me nor can I force someone to drop everything and have a life with me. It's scary. I don't want to lose him, never that. But I don't want to wait around forever. I can't bare to continue this sometimes.

"You ok?" I hear a deep voice and turn around to see one of his guards, shrugging my shoulders and hums softly as I nod my head.

"I'll manage, thank you though." I giggle, leaning back against the counter and runs my fingers through my hair as I sigh deeply.

"Want to talk about it at least?" He continued pushing and I know if J walked in at this very moment, he'll most likely torture the poor boy like he's done before when his guards talked to me.

"Uh- we both know he wouldn't like us talking. Don't forget what happened to the other guards." I bite down on my lower lip, walking away and crosses my arms back over my chest, leaving myself to the silence throughout the house.

I was starting to feel so very alone and I couldn't help but become sad, walking up the gold staircase and down the hall and into the bedroom. I flop down on the large bed, staring up at the ceiling and becoming lost into my own thoughts once again.
Was I truly happy here? I don't know.

"Hey." I turn my head, seeing J leaned against the doorway and smiles small as he walks over, sitting down on the edge of the bed beside me.

"I thought about a lot recently. I know you said you'll drop everything for me once you're done with your business and missions but- I don't want you to drop what makes you.... You. I can't change you. I can't take away what makes you happy and that's being a criminal." I shrug, sitting up on the bed and glances over at him with a faint smile.

"I'll do anything for you though." He mumbled under his breath, rubbing his temples as if he was annoyed that I exposed the truth.

"And I appreciate that but, don't." I grab his hand, kissing the top of it where the smile tattoo sat upon and intertwines our fingers together.

"You're so damn special to me... so special. I'll be with you through whatever, even if you continue to do crimes.. I promise, J." I lean over, pecking his cheek and rests my hand on the back of his neck.

"Alright... if you say so." He chuckled, shaking his head and was probably judging how bipolar I've been. How I just wanted to change him and have a normal life to now wanting him to stay a criminal. I was confused and crazy about this whole situation and he noticed then laughed.

•••••••••

I was standing in the club beside J, watching everyone dance and drink as he does his work. I furrowed my eyebrows, catching the eyes of... the riddler. I watched him smirk at me and fix the green hat on his head before disappearing into the crowd. I stand up, confused but wanting to get to the bottom of this and walks downstairs, searching through the crowd and ends up down the empty hallway, seeing the door wide open at the end of it. I sigh in deeply, walking through the door slowly and sees the dark green hat come into view as I lean against the door frame with my arms crossed over my chest.