Chapter 38: alone

Alexis

All I wanted to do was be alone in this hotel room, I turned off my phone and I kept myself in here just watching tv and eating junk food. I couldn't handle the weird looks and police if I walked out these doors and I knew that soon enough I would have to move hotels before J comes and tries to drag me out of here by my hair. I was scared of him and every time I heard a knock on the door, even if I just ordered room service, I get scared. I was scared of him. I say that a lot and then I start to like him again when he turns all sweet and kind and wants to take me out. He's bipolar and he mixes my feelings up into a tight ball before tossing it around like it's some sick game. Of course the Joker would think it's a game because oh yeah, it's the Joker, the clown. Yep. I was snapped out of my thoughts to loud banging on the door, it made me jump and I swallowed the lump in my throat as I walked over slowly. I looked through the small hole, seeing Michael and I quickly open up the door seeing how badly beat up he was.
"Michael?!" I pulled him inside, locking my door and gasps as I examine his features, bruises and cuts with his left eye swollen shut.
"Did he do this to you?" I frown, watching him nod his head and I walk over to the small mini fridge to get him an ice pack before sitting him down on my bed.
"You have to leave, he knows where you are and he's coming. We have to go." I shush him, brushing his soft hair back and nods my head as I give him the ice pack.
"Alright, we'll leave in a minute. I just need you to relax. I'm sorry I put you in this mess, you got beaten up because of me. Im sorry." I sigh, gabbing his hand and holding it in mine, he smiled at me and gripped my hand.
"It's not your fault. Come on, we gotta go." He stood up, pulling me with him and I grab my bags before rushing out of the hotel room. I looked over the edge, down at the lobby and I can see bright green hair. I cursed at myself, going to the stairs and runs down with Michael shortly behind me.
"We have to be careful." I mumble, looking out the door and makes a quick run for the door, I can hear yelling behind me but I didn't stop. I jumped inside the car along with Mikey and I raced off. I look over at him, frowning once again and leans back against the seat.
"Don't worry about me, I'm fine." He mumbled, giving me a smile but I didn't believe it, I know he was hurt and he didn't want to admit it in front of me.
"Don't lie to me, I hate lying." I roll my eyes and stares at the road, he chuckles but groans shortly afterwards.
"Everything hurts but I'm fine, you're worth saving from him." My heart fluttered at what he said, glancing over at him and raises my eyebrow before laughing.
"Sometimes I think I'm not worth it and that's why he keeps hurting me the way he does but I can't help myself, my feelings won't go away and when he comes back to me, apologizing and saying how much he cares my heart starts to flutter and I want to stay with him and hold him close. I sound crazy and he makes me crazy." I soon pulled over on the side of the road, my eyes watering up with tears again and I lean my head against the steering wheel.
"I don't know why I do but I just like him too much! I hate myself for liking him and I hate myself for forgiving him and wanting him to hold me and kiss me. He makes me go insane! I don't know what to do." A few tears slipped but I quickly brushed them away, feeling his hand rub small circles on my back.
"But he hurts you so much." Was all he said, I nodded my head and sat up straight to look at him.
"I know that! But I still fucking want him and I want to shoot myself, rip my hair out, jump off a cliff because I like him too much. I like him. I feel like completely shit but I like him."

"I'm about to slap some sense into you, do you fucking hear yourself? He not only beat you but me! He abused you, left scars, called you harsh names and RARELY took you out to dinner, mostly to business trips then next thing you know you get shot! Losing ability to fully run on your left thigh, you sound so fucking stupid right now Alexis! You almost died so many fucking times and yet you still like him?! Slap some sense into yourself before I do it for you." Michael yelled at me and I stayed quiet, he was right. I was so stupid for thinking that something could work out between J and I. He's just too insane for me to handle and too abusive, he doesn't know what love is and he doesn't know what affection is. He hates them both so when someone tries to show him that, he reacts with anger and that's why he's been beating me down so much because I'm affectionate and he's not. He's like Christian from 50 shades of grey. Likes sex but not affection, likes punishments not cuddles. Great. Michael stared at me, waiting for an answer but I didn't know what to say, I was lost for words because he was more than right and it hurt. It hurt to think about how much of a dumb ass I was being, that I'm sitting here crying over Joker who doesn't even fucking like me! I continued to stay quiet, driving off again and daze off as I stare at the road. I hated myself for feeling like this, for liking him, for thinking about how our future would be like, if he would stop the abusive side and like me for once, that's all I ever want. For him to desperately want me just as much as I want him. Another ten minutes passed by, I finally parked in front of a different hotel and got Michael and I a room. I threw my bags on the bed, laying down and closed my eyes.
"Alexis." I ignored him, I didn't want to talk nor look at him. I was too hurt and too stupid to think. I slowly stood up, grabbing my phone and walks out to the balcony. I lit a cigarette, sticking it between my lips and dialed J's number. It didn't take more than two rings for him to answer.
"Alexis, where are you? Please." J said into the phone and I took a deep breath, blowing out the smoke before thinking of what to say.
"I want to tell you something important and you have to listen, no interrupting and no buts. Please." I say quietly, hearing him huff but agree to it and I continue to inhale the poison in my lungs.
"I don't want to see you anymore. Today made me realize that I can't keep putting up with your abuse, you say sorry then hurt me again. You don't like me, I'm nothing more than a toy to you while I'm sitting here pouring my heart and soul out, J! Don't you understand that I can't take pain, I've dealt with abuse all my life and I don't want to go through it forever. Please understand." I can feel my eyes start to tear up again but I had to stand my ground, be strong like I was before I met J, after all I am a heartless criminal but towards J, I'm a small innocent girl that's also insane sometimes. I can hear him groan through the phone and I was waiting to hear his scream, telling me to get back home or else I'm gonna have a bad punishment but he didn't say that.
"Baby, please don't be like that. Come home, I'm sorry." Once again, I can hear the pain in his voice and I held myself back, trying not to give in. I hung my head down, tears sliding down my cheeks and I shake my head.
"I can't. You don't mean it." I say quietly, looking out at the ugly city and faint sirens in the background.
"Alexis, please don't do this. I do need you and I want you to come home..." It hurt me to do this, it hurt me to just turn my back and stay away from him but I know it would do me more good than harm.
"Don't come looking for me, J... Bye." As I was hanging up, I can hear him screaming please over and over. I set my phone down and cried into my hands, letting it all flow out. All I wanted was to be in his arms and feeling his kisses but being with a criminal has its big price and I couldn't pay it, so, I did what I always did when I was afraid, I ran. Far far away.
"Are you okay?" Michael sat next to me and I shook my head, looking up at him with tears all over my cheeks.
"Do I look okay?" I snap at him, looking away and crosses my arms over my chest. I suddenly felt his arms instantly wrap around me and hold me close to him. I melt into his chest, tears sliding down my face once again and I buried my face into his chest.
"Even though it was hard and I hated every but of it, I told J. I told him to not look for me and that everything came to an end." I pulled back, looking up at him and he brushed away my tears with his thumbs.

"Don't worry about Joker, I'm here now, okay? I'm not going anywhere."

[____________________________]

Time to relieve who Michael is. It took me a bit to decided if I really wanted Michael Clifford or someone else but Michael is pretty bad ass and I'm a 5sos fan so yes haha.
Another chapter today! Hope you guys enjoy it.

Question # 2

Do you guys like Alexis and Michael together or would you rather them just stay friends? Alsoooo, do you want J to still come find Alexis or stay away?

Please vote and comment.
Love ya lots. xxx

Word count: 1810