Chapter 4

•••UPDATED AS OF 4/22/24•••

Your eyes had slowly turned to look at who was standing behind you, coming face to face with Batman. This wasn't the first time you were this close to him but this is the first time he's truly seen you and who you are.

Batman didn't realize you were working with the Joker at first, he thought you were merely a hostage. He didn't bother to look at you too close or scan you for anything odd, he just assumed because you looked like an average citizen compared to Joker.

"Let the woman go." His voice deep and raspy as his eyes were on the Joker, you stood there a little taken aback. Did he see you as someone who was defenseless and helpless?

"She's with me, Bats. Can't you tell how hot and crazy she is?" He said sarcastically, raising his gun towards him as he gestured you to grab the bags of money.

Your feet were quick, scooping up the heavy bags until you couldn't hold anymore. You stayed quiet because you weren't too sure on what to say plus you wanted to make sure everything continued to go the way Joker wanted it to go, you didn't want to make him angry with you if you didn't grab the cash or if something went wrong.

In one swift and quick moment, gunshots rang throughout the bank and it echoed off the walls alone with the screams of the civilians. Then something had tugged on your arm. Everything was happening so fast, you couldn't make out what was happening until you were shoved in the car by the Joker, the bags of money being thrown behind you in the back of the car.

Then he slammed his foot on the gas and the car went flying forward in an instant, already reaching up to speeds about 100mph.

"Got everything?" He said, making sure you didn't forget a single dollar in that safe. You had simply nodded, your back pressed against the seat from how fast the car was going.

"Good."

You had looked in the back, counting the bags you had collected then slowly unzipping it to reveal the heavy amounts of hundred dollar bills. You were in heaven staring at the sight but you quickly snapped out of it when a loud thump was heard on the top of the car. The both of you looking at each other, knowing who it was, you grabbed the purple gun that was in one of his holsters and started to shoot up at the roof, the car swerving and making you jolt around as well.

You then hear him roll off, glancing at the side mirror and seeing him roll and tumble on the hard street. You started to laugh slightly, the adrenaline still kicking it into overdrive as your hands went numb.

As you move your body forward to look straight ahead, Joker had suddenly lost control of the car, screaming as it spun out in circles before it drove right off the edge and into the ice cold water.

Your body was sent forward from the lack of you wearing a seatbelt, your face colliding with the dashboard and knocking you out cold in an instant.

Later on, you slowly open your eyes, the light was bright and it shined on your eye sockets, making you groan and close them again. Your head was pounding, it felt like your brain was smashed and played with.

You couldn't tell what had happened or where you were so you opened your eyes again, letting them adjust and then looked around the room. What happened? How long were you out cold? You couldn't tell but you slowly tried to sit up until straps around your wrists and ankles prevented you from doing so. They were on tight, making you lay still and it started to make you anxious.

Did Joker tie you up again? No.. you slightly remember being at the bank and Batman showing up. Did you get caught and Joker left you for bait?