Chapter 24

•••UPDATED AS OF 4/30/24•••

After nearly 2 months of healing up, being taken care of, having the Joker boss people around to accommodate to you and your needs, you were finally healed up enough to start training with Michael again in the basement. You wanted to improve your skills especially after being shot at, you needed to be more cautious, more aware of your surroundings.

Joker didn't want you to go on anymore business trips, he was set on you just staying back and remaining safe and out of harms way which is something you didn't like. You didn't like taking no as an answer but he was pretty set on not allowing you to go on missions with him at least.

After a few hours of working out and training with Michael, he finally called it off and sent you upstairs to eat lunch. Joker was already sitting at the table when you pulled the chair out to sit by him, an odd awkward tension rising up at first until eventually Joker started speaking about the woman who shot you and how he's been trying to find her.

The police had made sure she was in protective custody after that, they knew well enough that Joker or you would go after her especially after that incident so now, she was in hiding and Joker grew angrier the longer he couldn't find her.

You offered to help but he said no. He stood his ground on you not participating in anymore missions for now because deep down he was nervous and scared for something like that to happen again. He couldn't risk you getting shot because he feels as if the next time that happens, you won't be so lucky.

"I'm going on a business trip tomorrow. I have to meet up with someone." Joker mumbled as his stuffed his mouth with the lunch the chef had made for the both of them.

You nodded your head, wanting to ask him if you could go but you felt as if he would just yell to you about how you couldn't go and how it was too dangerous for someone like you even though he knew how capable you are to survive and fight on your own. But the truth is, he just didn't want to see you hurt again.

"Okay, good luck on the meeting then." You mumbled back, somewhat playing with your food as you slightly frown. You tried to keep your thoughts to yourself, you hated seeing him mad at you for having a bad attitude about not going but you hated staying home especially when there was a good opportunity to go on a good mission with him.

"Do you want to come?" The words you have been wanting to hear slipped out of his dark red lips, making you quickly look up at him with a smile on your face.

"Of course." You nodded your head, finishing off your food and slides the plate aside as your eyes turned to look at him once more.

Joker eventually caught on to you staring at him, making eye contact with you as he took one last bite of his food. He couldn't help but think about you in many different ways. You annoyed him but he also couldn't get rid of the thoughts of you on this table in front of him, begging for him.

He didn't want to admit to having those little feelings towards you but there were there and they would slowly start to come out of him more everyday which is something that scared him and angered him at times. He didn't want to look weak in front of anyone, especially the people that worked for him.

As time went on throughout the day, you were now in bed, staring at the ceiling and trying to sleep but you couldn't stop thinking about him. You hated yourself for being so innocent and weak towards him. Looking back at the first time you met him, you wanted to shoot him right between the eyes and now you couldn't believe how much had changed and how you suddenly like him. You feel the connection, you feel hypnotized when you would look at him and you would wonder if this is how Harley felt. Trapped and hypnotized by him.