Chapter 7

•••UPDATED AS OF 4/23/24•••

It had been a few days of staying inside of this massive house, figuring out how to entertain yourself. The Joker had also gotten a tad bored and he brought up the idea of going out into the city and seeing if Batman would show up.

Before you could even protest or suggest anything else, the both of you were in his car, watching the trees zoom by as he sped through the woods and into the city. You were a bit nervous considering the last time you ran into Batman, you ended up in Arkham which is something you didn't want to happen again.

But in the back of your mind, you were prepared. Your body has healed up nicely and you felt back to your old self little by little. You had looked over at Joker, his smile wide from ear to ear, the excitement in his face as he turned to look at you.

"Are you ready for this?" He asked, not really caring about your answer because he was ready, he's always been ready.

The car came to a stop, in front of a small jewelry store. He knew this was the easiest way to call Batman over so he had gotten out of the car, stepping inside the building before you did. His purple gun in his hand as he shot the glass cases and watched people cower to the floor, covering their faces.

Immediately you were there to start shoving all of the jewelry into the bags. You weren't the biggest fan of stealing jewelry especially since they are pretty hard to cash out and sell after they are stolen unless you know a guy in the streets. You liked to stick with cash robberies but you wouldn't protest about this particular robbery.

The cops have already made their way to your location almost immediately. All the cars surrounding the area, them standing behind their doors with their guns drawn towards the store. After that it didn't take too long for Batman to jump in from the roof, a usual tactic he always did but it had still caught you off guard, you were expecting Joker to watch your back as you collect the jewelry but he obviously wasn't too close because now Batman had you held tight, a bat shaped knife at your neck.

"Move an inch and she's dead." He said loudly, Batman had well lost his patience long ago when he first became Batman, he didn't have time to deal with you two once again.

Your fingertips had barely touched the knife that was in your waistband, grabbing the handle and plunging it back into his side which made him stumble back in shock, it only took a second to collect himself as he took the knife out of him and looked at the both of you standing next to each other.

Now you had your gun drawn, aiming at him while the Joker had done the same. Two guns drawn on him, making him stay there and stare with hatred and disgust in his blackened out eyes.

"Don't move or I'll shoot." You said, watching him glare at you through the mask.

"But I'm hoping you do, just a little." You laugh at to yourself, simply shrugging and reaching down to pick up the bag you had dropped when he grabbed onto your body.

The voice in your head had started to appear again, convincing you to just shoot him or kill him where he stood. You've waited for this moment for some years and the opportunity was standing in front of you, begging to be grabbed. You tilted your head, rubbing your ear against your shoulder to try to deafen the voice a bit, ignoring it.

"Did you torture this poor girl to make her as insane as you are?" Batman asked, looking between the both you and you somewhat got offended by the question.