Chapter 2

•• UPDATED as of 4/22/24 ••

It took you a while to process what had just happened and what would be happening tomorrow with one of the most famous criminals. You thought that it could have been some scam to trap you. Or Joker could also scam you by luring you in and possibly killing you. Did he know that you wanted him dead? You couldn't know for sure but it wasn't like you told any one of this deep dark secret you held onto.

As the next day approached a lot quicker than you would have expected. You made sure to pack some stuff in your clothing to protect yourself. A small gun, some knives, you wanted to be sure that nothing wouldn't turn sideways and if it did, you were well prepared for that to happen.

The Joker had a large SUV waiting outside of your apartment building. A driver waiting to pick you up and take you to the location no one really knows other than him and his trusted workers. It made you slightly nervous to get into the car but.. what was the worse that could happen? You had the tools to do what needed to be done if it came down to it.

But you knew deep down nothing could happen because if Joker wanted someone dead, he wouldn't go through all this trouble, he would simply kill you before you could even realize what was happening.

The car ride was short and quiet, the guy who was named Nate tried to make small talk but you didn't bother replying back to him. You weren't all that interested in having a conversation because deep in your head you were coming up with short possible plans if things turn sideways.

Another thing that you didn't like was his sarcastic tone, he talked as if there was something going on that you weren't aware of and that was something you did not like.

The car made a stop in front of a large mansion, something that did not look like the Joker would live in. It was surprising that he did considering he was always hiding out but it was pretty secluded and you knew that this house belonged to someone he probably had killed and took over.

Nate had opened the car door for you, watching you step out and gently shut the door behind you. He led you inside of this massive house. A lot of the decoration was definitely more of Joker's style. The amount of stolen goods like paintings and sculptures along with gold and silver everywhere, it was more his speed for sure.

Nate had left your side, soon a butler looking guy came to collect you and lead you towards the kitchen. The large dining room table in the middle of the room that had gold plates, cups, and more. All laid out neatly and in a nice manner for a fancy dinner.

"Sit anywhere you like besides the ends please." The butler soon was gone, making you ponder on which seat would be best. It was stupid to think about that but it was a rather large table for probably 2 to 3 people.

As your feet made their way over to a particular spot, your eyes were scanning around the area that was in front of you. It was quiet, a little too quiet but as you were about to pull the chair back, someone had appeared behind you to do so themselves. The chair was pulled out from under the table and your eyes slowly flickered to who was standing behind you.

You caught a glimpse of him. Green hair, pale face, tattoos, silver tooth smile, red lips.

"Glad you could join us." He chuckled slightly, watching you sit down in the chair and soon he was sitting in the chair at the end of the table that was beside yours.

"I'm surprised you knew me enough to invite me here." Your eyes watched the butler's pour wine into both glasses that was in front of the both of you. He soon raised up the glass and took a few sips, soon more was being poured into his glass right afterwards.

"Is Harley joining?" You grabbed the glass, taking a small sip and as his bright eyes looked at yours, they turned slightly darker at the sound of her name.