Chapter 49: bruises

Alexis

As we stepped inside the house, I looked around at the place, it was messy. Things were just a big disaster. I glance over at him, seeing him scratch the back of his neck while laughing awkwardly as he stared at the mess as well.

"Well, this isn't the first time you went crazy." I roll my eyes playfully, walking upstairs with him following close behind. I was tired and my body ached, let alone I still had to wash up from my bloody face.
"Sit on the toilet." He mumbled, tilting my chin up once I sat down and started to wash my face with a warm, wet cloth. He did it very gently and careful not to hurt my face anymore than it already does. I looked horrible and I can tell by his facial expression, he felt terrible and he hated seeing me like this but of course when others were like this, he would laugh and say that they deserved the pain. I winced loudly, feeling him touch a certain spot that didn't feel too good. He frowned, shaking his head.
"Sorry." J whispered, leaning down to kiss the bruises on my face and I tilt my head up to kiss his lips instead for a second.
"It sucks," I shrug my shoulders, looking in the mirror as I gently dab my beaten face.
"What does?" J wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and stared at me through the mirror.
"Just because I'm with you, I get beaten up like this or worse. I can protect myself, of course, but sometimes you just make it seem like I'm so weak and I can't do anything. That's why they take me, to hurt you." I didn't look at him but I knew he had a frown on his face and a look of guilt and hurt in his eyes.

"Yeah, I know." He kissed the top of my head, walking out of the bathroom and left me alone with my dark thoughts. I sigh deeply, stepping out and looks at the silk purple sheets before climbing in bed, my back facing him.
"You know I'll always protect you. No matter what happens, even if it kills me." He said, turning off the light and wraps his arms around me then it was silent, him quietly starting to snore and me staring at the wall. I dont know why but I didn't feel the same, I felt different. My face also hurt from laying against this pillow and it was chilly in this room, he of course likes it freezing cold when he's sleeping. No wonder his skin is so ice cold sometimes. After a few minutes, I carefully slip out of bed and walks downstairs to grab something to eat from the kitchen. I sat on the island, taking bites of my food until I started to hear his phone ring from the counter. I didn't mean to, but obviously my curiosity was getting the best of me and I picked it up.

"Hello?" I said quietly, leaning back against my seat while taking another bite, almost choking on my food when I heard Harley's voice on the other side of the phone.
"Oh.. Alexis.." She said very slowly, like she wasn't expecting me to pick up. I sigh, rolling my eyes.
"Why the hell are you calling him?" I got out of my seat and looked around the living room as the guards stood their ground by the doors.
"Funny. Didn't he tell you how he knew where you were? How he got that information before you even texted him?" She laughs; making me groan under my breath as I squeeze the phone tightly in my hand.
"He never disappoints." I threw the phone at the wall, watching it shatter as I try to control my breathing along with my damn anger. I shouldn't believe her, should I? She does like to make people angry, she is jealous that J wanted me and not her, she is angry. I know how much she hates me so maybe she's just doing this on purpose.

Throughout the night, I couldn't sleep and I kept myself in the living room all night until morning came around. Was I being over dramatic or was I being cautious? I don't know but I had a sick feeling to my stomach that Harley wasn't lying and I couldn't handle the pain of seeing him with her. I shook my head as tears stung my bruised blue eyes. I couldn't help it, every piece of emotion that was towards him were crying out in pain, like I was suffering and getting tortured again from him while he sat down, enjoyed it.
"Alexis?" I snapped out of my thoughts, looking up at the insane clown without any of his makeup on but it was fairly faded on his face since it always stained it.
"Are you alright?" He reached out for me but I quickly raised my hand up, signaling him to get away from me. Out of the corner of my eye, I seen him frown and look around the room until he spotted his phone, broken and shattered on the floor by the kitchen.
"Tell me what happened? Were you down here all night?" Joker sat next to me this time but me being stubborn, I stood up and stared down at him, tears about to slip from my eyes.
"Don't you dare lie to me, J. Did you sleep with Harley just to get my location?!" I hated how much I felt for him, how much I wanted him, how deep my affection was. I hated how much I love him. Being with him had its challenges, way too many challenges, yet my emotions managed to get through it and think about the good instead of the bad but this is beyond too painful. Even if that was his ex girlfriend.
"Alexis- I-" He was silent, trying to figure out a way to word it and give an excuse why and that he did it because he loves me.
"Don't even say anything... So, now I know that you're a complete fucking idiot! She called your phone expecting another sex call and told me all about how romantic your night was while I was in a cell, rotting and starving! But no, you were off having a great fucking time with her." I screamed at him, my voice cracking and I tried my best to keep those tears back but they just slipped, rolling down my cheeks. J looked like he was in pain as well, standing up and tried to hug me but I shove him by his chest.
"Get the fuck away from me. I can't believe you. I told you everything, every piece of emotion I felt towards you and how much I actually did love you then you just go fuck with Harley? I don't give a shit if it was for me! Having sex with someone else is not helping me, you were only helping yourself." I was pissed, he can see that but he still stayed silent because he knew everything I said was the truth.

"Fuck you." Was the last thing I said, stomping my way up the staircase and went inside the bedroom across from his, slamming the door shut and making sure it echoed loudly throughout the house. I sat on the bed, more tears rushing down my face as I bury my face inside my hands. I was numb, real numb. I was more sad than angry but you know what they say, you can never trust a clown or a liar or a murderer. I lifted my head up, wiping the tears away once I realized that he had cameras in here. I grab the chair from the desk, tearing the dumb cameras down and smashed them to pieces before throwing them out the window. I jump at the sudden knock on the door, rolling my eyes as I stayed put on the window sill.
"Alexis, please." I can hear the hurt in his voice but I wasn't giving in this easily or maybe I'm not gonna give in at all. This hurt way more than him almost shocking me to death and I don't think he gets that. I don't think he remembers what love and affection is or loyalty. That's why he thinks he can just get away with stuff and still have me at home waiting for him. Well, he's wrong and I don't know if I wanna stick around and wait for him to figure it out.

[________________________]

Longer chapter than the last few ones but yeah, you guys may or may not be mad at the shade and drama I threw in there, especially right when they come back from being relieved and saying 'I love yous' but once again, this is the Joker.

Anyways, hope you enjoy and comment some suggestions pleaseeeeeee

Love ya x

ALSO IMPORTANT.
Should I start writing a new fanfic? Maybe have a little vote or contest or something idk. I'm a big fan girl that likes anything such as
Dc comics
Marvel
5SOS
1D
Youtubers (a lot of them tbh)
Etc etc
I was kinda thinking of 5 seconds of summer. Maybe Ashton or Calum. Idk.
So if you can please comment a vote on who I should write next then that would be great thank youuu.