Chapter 19

•••UPDATED AS OF 4/29/24•••

The Week You Left

Joker consistently banged his head against the car window over and over again, clutching the small note that he found on your bed in the hotel room. When he found the note, he destroyed the entire suite, ripping the bed, throwing the cushions everywhere, breaking the wall, the mirrors, everything was destroyed. He would scream at his guards at the top of his lungs, making them stare at him in terror, never seeing him this angry before.

He sat in the car, continuing to hit his head until suddenly a guard quickly got into the car, making him stand up straight, staring at him until he gives him the answer he was looking for.

"Well?" He raised his voice slightly at the dead silence that was in the car, the guard avoiding making eye contact with his boss.

"We couldn't find her, sir. The others are still looking." He stuttered out, gripping the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles were starting to turn white, he was scared Joker was going to put a bullet in his hand, instead Joker huffed loudly, annoyed.

"Can never rely on you idiots." He mumbled under his breath, getting out of the car and going back up to the hotel room as he looked around at the destruction he caused a few hours ago.

He couldn't handle what was happening, a feeling he couldn't describe was brewing inside of him, he couldn't pinpoint it and he couldn't understand. Usually he wouldn't have cared if someone had taken you, he would have went back to Gotham but something deep inside of him was preventing him from leaving, preventing him from leaving you there, he couldn't shake it. What was this stupid feeling?

As the days passed by, it turned into weeks, Joker casually sitting in the destroyed hotel room one day, surrounded by knives. He was going more insane, more unhinged, he even pressed his purple gun to the side of his head, tempted to pull the trigger. He couldn't find the place you were in, it was driving him mad at the thought of him not being able to do anything when usually, he can find out these things in an instant.

He laughed to himself, feeling the cold metal on his temple, scraping his finger ever so gently on the trigger. He wanted to squeeze it, it ached in him to do so but, a sudden knock on the door prevented him from doing so, a guard walking in and looking at his current state.

"Sir, we found her." He said, making Joker turn his head towards him, waving him to leave the room just for a moment. Another laugh erupting from his mouth as he dropped the gun to his head.

It didn't take long for Joker to find one of the guards that worked for Justin, he was threatening to torture him but all it took was millions of dollars in his face for him to agree to help the Joker get the letters passed off to you along with giving Joker information about the place you were trapped in.

Each minute that passed by, he sat on the beaten up hotel bed and tried to think of ways to get in and get you out. But every time he thought about seeing Justin's face, he gripped onto the mattress and grew angry. He wanted to beat his face in but at the same time he wanted to torture him painfully slow, he wanted to hear him beg for mercy, beg to be put out of his misery.

Joker kept lying in the bed, staring at the ceiling as he talked to himself, growing more insane as the day ticked away. But one day, he decided that it was time for him to go in and get you out, he was tired of waiting, the growing feeling he couldn't shake was taking over his body, he couldn't stand it.

He made his guards pack up his things, all of his guns, his devices, any sort of weapon he had with him. He decided to drive there himself, giving guard specific instructions to go to the place and plant explosives and other devices to help Joker out.