Chapter 18

•••UPDATED AS OF 4/29/24•••

A week had passed by, you haven't heard a thing from Joker or the guard. After being told to be ready, you were sure that he was coming with the day or two but as the week went on, you started to lose hope, you started to grow angry, and you started to form a plan of your own.

You had heard rumors that the guard that was giving you the letters was killed by Justin. You didn't know for what but supposedly it had happened. You sighed as you thought about it, Justin was definitely making your life a lot harder without even realizing the plans that were in motion.

You walked down the halls, looking for the guard and came across one who was standing there staring off into space, you decided to walk up to him and simply ask if the guard had been killed, you needed to know so you can come up with your own plan to escape.

"Quick question, the guard that stood outside of my room, I heard he was killed?" You asked him, watching him turn his head and give you a death glare. He turned his attention back to the wall, not saying a word to you.  You were a slave, he was a guard.

"I'm not leaving until you answer my question." You said, leaning against the wall right beside him, gently nudging his side with your elbow a few times before he groaned.

"Yes, Justin killed him a few days ago. Supposedly he was helping Joker, that's all I know." He simply said, not bothering to look down at you.

Your eyes widened as you quickly walked away, going back up to your room as you started to panic. How did he find out? Does he know that you were in on it too? Does he know about the letters? The plan? What does he know?

Your feelings were bunched up in one ball and it was like Justin was playing a game with it. You felt horrible, you couldn't even think straight. You sat on the edge of your bed, running your fingers through your hair and tugging at the root slightly, a loud groan leaving your lips after you noticed you were in the room alone. How were you supposed to contact Joker? How were you supposed to get out of here? Of course you knew of some escape points but now you felt as if you were on your own, you had to come up with your own plan and leave for yourself.

You stood up, walking towards the window and stared outside at the trees as the sun was shining on your face, making you feel the warmth. You almost forgot what it felt like to be outside, the fresh breeze flying through your hair, the sun shining on your bars skin. Your eyes looked at the wooded area and at the squirrels that ran around, climbing the tall trees outside.

As you looked deeper into the woods, you noticed something that was out of place. It appeared to be a body slumped down by a tree. You were squinting your eyes as if you could make out what it was but it was still quite difficult. Your eyes suddenly adjusted to what you were looking at, seeing bright green hair. A loud gasp had left your lips, the body faced down, only seeing it lie there with green hair.

"Oh god, he found out, he killed him. Fuck, I'm stuck here. I'm just as good as dead." You started to talk to yourself, the realization setting in, making you panic even more.

Tears had stung your eyes, threatening to fall at any given moment but you placed your hand over your mouth to try to calm yourself down. The door had creaked open, Justin standing there watching you, knowing what you were looking at.

"Now you know not to fuck around with me. Same thing will happen to you if you try anything." You heard him say, turning around to look at him, your eyes full of tears that haven't slipped out just yet. You were dumbfounded.

After the words had slipped out of his mouth, you couldn't control your movements as you ran towards him, tackling him down to the ground and repeatedly used your hand, that wasn't broken, to repeatedly punch his face in before the guards had ripped you off of him.

"I'm going to fucking kill you!" You screamed at him, going into full on black out mode, not knowing what you were doing or saying, you completely blacked out as your defensive mode took over.

Justin laughed as he wiped the blood off of his face, his nose possibly broken as it leaked blood down over his mouth. He didn't care that you punched him, he found it funny. He enjoyed watching you realize that you were stuck here with him.

"Get nice and cozy, sweetheart. You're stuck here with me." He pat your cheek, walking away and you could still hear his chuckle echo down the hallway.

The guards threw you back inside of your bedroom, locking the door and quickly you went inside the bathroom to let out everything you have been holding in. You sobbed uncontrollably, sitting on the floor and bringing your knees up to your chest. You could feel the weight on your chest, making it harder to breathe as you sat there and cried.

You stayed in there for what seemed like hours, not answering the knocking on the door or the questions Jasmin kept throwing at you to get you to talk to her. After a while, she left you alone and you leaned your head back against the wall. You felt completely empty, you felt alone, you felt drained. Everything that you were the last few years had disappeared and you were sucked right back in as the same teenager you were those years ago, fragile, sensitive, and more.

Once it had gotten late, you decided to sneak out of your bedroom, everyone was asleep and there were very few guards out during this hour. You knew there was quite a few exit points, you knew there was also a back door that led to the back woods. Even though it was slightly easy to leave out of that back door, Justin knew nobody would try to escape because you were miles and miles away from any town, you would die before you could make it there.

You held your breath, you were only going out there to get a look at the body that was lying out there. You needed to confirm that it was Joker, something in you was telling you to do this.

So, you stepped outside, feeling the ice cold air pick at your exposed skin. The small flashlight in your hand as you walked towards where the body was. You were mentally preparing yourself for the sight you were about to see. Your knees grew weak and you felt as if they were going to give out at any given moment before you could even make it there.

You sat down next to the body, hesitating at first but slowly grabbing onto his side and flipping the body over to look at his face. You moved his green hair off of his forehead, your eyes widen once you realized it wasn't Joker. There was no tattoos on his face, no sliver teeth, nothing that resembled Joker in any way besides the green hair. You noticed it was simply just the guard that was helping you, they had changed his hair green to make it seem as if it was Joker.

You pushed the body away from you and back to its original position, making you stand up and quickly rush inside without any trouble. You had slipped back into your room then the bathroom you were locked in before.

"He's alive." You mumbled to yourself, a smile appearing on your lips as you let off a breath of relief, something that you were holding back.

You definitely felt a weight lift off your shoulders, feeling better about the situation but it still made you doubt whether or not he was coming for you like he said he was. You have been in here forever and you were starting to give up on him and start to give in to your own plans.

As you grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, sitting back on the bathroom floor, you started to map out the escape points you knew of. You had to remember where to go and what to do to avoid any guards and any future trouble. It would be different to walk all those miles back to town but it won't be impossible if you had supplies to bring with you.

Another thing was that, you knew where the garage was and you knew where the keys were hidden for the cars, if he kept him in that same spot that is. You could risk escaping in a car but you felt as if there was no use to, he would just easily send a guard in a different car to get you, he could force you off the road or kill you if ordered to.

You had to be careful.. you had to be strategic.