Chapter 20

•••UPDATED AS OF 4/29/24•••

The next day, it was random but the decision had came to his head. You both sat there at the table, he was throwing his food around the plate with his fork, not knowing how to bring up the conversation but he knew it had to be done one way or another. He had stayed up the night before, not getting any sleep as he decided to let you go.

"Y/N, I think it's best for you to leave." He mumbled under his breath, glancing back up at you and you stare at him for a few minutes with a blank expression. You started to laugh slightly, not taking it serious.

"I'm serious." Joker coughs awkwardly, hearing the loud noise as you drop your fork on the glass plate in front of you.

He looked away, avoiding eye contact because he couldn't stand to see what your facial expression was right now. He decided on this decision because after everything he had put you through then everything Justin put you through, he felt as if it was best for you to go back to the life you were living before him.

He also kind of wanted you gone because of the way he was feeling inside. He couldn't shake the feeling he felt when he would look at you, it was something that bothered him because he couldn't really understand what he was feeling or maybe he was too oblivious to see that he had feelings for you so he kept noting that it was just an off feeling he couldn't describe.

"Can I ask why?" He heard your voice slightly crack as you spoke, making him curse under his breath and finally looked up at you, making eye contact.

You were killing him, he was started to give in and go back on his decision but he couldn't. He couldn't do that to you, he thought that you deserved a whole lot better than staying here with him. He thought that maybe it was time for the both of you to stop working together entirely. You go back to your apartment, he stays here.

Joker groaned in frustration, not wanting to answer your question as he stood up from the table. He had grabbed his plate, throwing it in the sink, causing it to shatter in pieces. You followed after him which made him a little angry, he wanted to shove you out the door and tell you to not come back.

"Joker," You started to say, resting your hand on his shoulder but he pushed his shoulder back, causing your hand to fall off of it.

"I need you to leave. You're done working here, you're free to go." He said quietly, growing impatient at you still standing there behind him.

"But why?" You asked the same question again, making him angry, he didn't want to do this the hard way but you were making it difficult for him.

"I said fucking go." He raised his voice at you, making you take a step back and let out a breath. You then decided to not fight back, you just walked up to your room to collect whatever you had here which wasn't all that much.

Joker had stayed there for a moment, reaching over for the bottle of alcohol, pouring the whiskey into a glass and taking a few swings of it. He did this for some time, going through at least three cups before he decided to make his way downstairs and towards the room where he was keeping Harley.

Joker had grown quite sad, something that was unusual for him. He can't remember the last time he felt this way or if he ever did, at least not that he was aware of. He couldn't stand this feeling that was hanging over him like a rainy cloud, it was tiring.

As he opened up the door, Harley had glanced up at him, surprised he was standing in front of her. He couldn't understand why he was down here either, maybe to take his mind off of things, he didn't know. He walked over, taking a seat on the edge of the small bed beside her.

"What's going on?" She asked gently, not wanting to overstep but not wanting to sit in silence either, she's been aching for him to come down to her and come back to his senses when it came to her.

Harley knew Joker better than he knew himself and that was mainly because of their time in Arkham Asylum when she was just his therapist. She could easily read him like a book but that was just her degree coming into play. She could see that he had felt some type of way, especially towards you and although it made her angry, Harley was worried more so about Joker and what was happening.

Joker sighed, he didn't want to talk about it, he didn't want to bring you up or the few weeks they both had. It was crazy and as it was starting to settle down, he got into this deep depressive state, something that has never happened before and he was kind of scared of these feelings.

Slowly, Joker started to talk about what had happened when they went out of town for the business trip. He mentioned about you getting taken by Justin, you being trapped there and Joker coming to get you. Harley could see that some things upset him, he got upset a lot but he would more so express it in an angry manner instead of the current state he was in.

But as he sat there and let Harley listen to the problems he had been holding inside of him for a while, he then decided to let Harley go too. He wanted to be alone in this massive house. He didn't want anyone here even if they were prisoners. He wanted them all gone.

"You're free to go, Harley." He mumbled, standing up from the bed and walking out. He had decided to go upstairs to your bedroom, hoping to catch you before you leave.

He couldn't quite understand why all of a sudden he was hoping to stop you from leaving but he did. At the same time, though, he was also hoping that you were already gone. Once he made it to your room, he opened up the door and saw your things were gone, the room empty and dead silent. He hesitated but for some reason he felt obligated to tell his men to go off and find you once again.

He decided to leave you a few text messages, feeling as if he needed to get something off his chest. He felt like he needed to speak to you, especially in more detail since he did not explain anything to you before you left. All he did was just send you away.

He had went downstairs to have a couple of drinks again, he had sent the men to also bring back something for you. A young woman who was strapped to the metal table in his room, he knew he had to take his frustration out on something and it so happened to be a woman in her mid-twenties. He didn't care about anything else, he wanted to get rid of this feeling that he felt.

He had taken his time in the room, doing everything he wanted to do before ultimately, the woman bled out and died. Even after she was dead for some time, he kept going, hoping the feeling would vanish but it still remained, making him angry.

As the blood soaked his clothes on his body, he went upstairs to his room, stripping out of his ruined clothes and stepped inside of the shower. The hot water washed over him, making the blood go down the drain as his head hung low, his right arm rest up against the shower wall.

He had heard the door creak open, the water running down his face as his eyes stayed closed. The pair of hands had rested on his bare back, making him turn his head slightly, hoping to see you but made eye contact with Harley. He couldn't be angry any longer, he just let her stand in the shower with him, the makeup smearing down his face as he watched the water soak and flatten her hair down.

Harley had stared at him, sadness in her eyes and stepped closer to his body. She was definitely taking advantage of his current state and he kind of knew that but he couldn't care less. Instead, he convinced himself that maybe this would make his pain go away.

He had turned his body to face her, his eyes never leaving hers until he leaned down to press his lips on hers, his eyes falling shut. He took the chance to press her body up against the shower wall, the kiss turning rough in seconds because he was angry. He was angry for sending you away and he was angry that you weren't here.

He had to take it out on something. Harley just so happened to be there.