Chapter 53: horrid

Alexis

My breathing picked up, my feet breaking the twigs as I ran through the woods. I glanced behind me from time to time, my heart racing like I was about ready to have a heart attack and my mind clouded with thoughts, scary ones. I didn't understand how this happened but it did and I don't think I can stop it from getting any worse.

_

My feet slowly made its way up the long, gold stair case and towards his room where I can hear him screaming and cursing. I suck in a sharp breath, arguing with myself in my head trying to decide to step inside his room or leave him be for a few hours. But I knew that if I was upset, he wouldn't stop bothering me until I told him what was up. Him, on the other hand, was stubborn and rarely talked about his feelings and why he's so upset. I gripped the doorknob with my small hand, closing my eyes tightly trying to decide to walk in or not. I didn't even realize that I walked inside the room on my own until I saw J staring at me, fire in his eyes and rage on his face. His jaw was tensed and his hands clenched together. I had no emotion on my face, none at all, I was terrified and I didn't want to walk in further but I sucked it up and closed the door behind me then walks to the bed to sit down.
"You okay?" It came out more as a whisper than out loud towards him. He knew I hated this side of him but he never really did anything to change his attitude.
"Does it look like I'm okay?! I'm just screaming and cussing because I'm okay." He said in a smart ass tone, causing me to cross my arms over my chest and let out a loud huff.
"It was just a question. You didn't have to be so harsh about it." I said truthfully and J started to look more irritated and frustrated with me.
"I don't have time for this Alexis. Go to your damn room or something." His tone was started to irritate me as well, him treating me like he did when I first got here, like a pet. Like I was worthless and like he doesn't care.
"So, I'm your pet again? I'm nothing? I'm invisible to you?" I stood up from the bed, running my fingers through my hair and shook my head as I try to calm down.
"Who said you weren't the pet? You thought I actually loved you? Hilarious." J started to laugh hysterically and pulled at his green hair, making a few strands fall down.
"Are you serious? Okay, wow. Fuck you, fuck you." I roll my eyes, stomping my way towards the door until I felt his hand grip my upper arm tightly. He turned me around to face him, making my back press against the wall.
"What'd you say?" J's face was inches away from mine, his breath fanning over my cheek and his tongue running over his dark lips.
"F-fuck you." I hesitated but it slipped from my lips and the anger on his face was scary. He backed away from me, gripping his gun in his pale hand like he was thinking of shooting me. After a few minutes, a wide smile came across his face and J looked at me.

"We're going to play a game. Hide and seek. If I find you, oooh, you don't want to know what I'll do to you." He gently tapped the gun against the side of my forehead and smirked.
"J... stop acting so crazy." I mumble, my shaking hand slowly reaching for his but he pulled his hand back away from mine.
"Acting crazy? Darling, I am fucking crazy. Now I'm going to count to sixty. Go hide. Also, my guards hid all the weapons, car keys and locked the windows and doors. Good luck." The wicked smile came on his lips once again and I shook my head repeatedly then he started to count, covering his eyes but peeking between his long fingers.
"One.... two.... three." My heart started to race, my feet making it way out of the room and down the stairs. I tried the front door but like he said, it was locked from the outside.
"Ten.... eleven... twelve!" J shouted, making it echo and I ran down the hallway. I tried to think of somewhere to hide that wasn't obvious but even in this big mansion, there was nowhere to hide from him. Then I realized that I'm just going to have to run around and hope he doesn't spot me. I slipped inside his house, looking the gun he hides in here and I'm pretty sure he didn't tell a guard where it's at. I reached underneath the desk and pulled it out.
"Fifty! Fifty one." I heard J continue and I aim at the window, shooting it to break the glass. After more than enough shots, I kicked the glass and hopped out the window before sprinting through the woods, the cold breeze blowing in my face. I can hear his screaming in the distance, probably shooting every guard for letting me escape the house.