Chapter 12

•••UPDATED AS OF 4/28/24•••

Once you both had made it back to the mansion, you stumbled inside as the buzz was still hitting you and the heels weren't making things any better either. Joker was behind you, watching you struggle to walk and rolled his eyes at how dramatic you were making it seem.

As you walked up the same marble steps, Joker watched as you did so, the short dress was definitely not helping the situation and walking up the steps only exposed your bottom slightly, enough for him to notice and see for his own eyes. He groaned under his breath, unbuttoning a few buttons of his shirt and walked up the stairs to go to his own room for the night.

He stayed in there the rest of the night and most of the morning. You had slept pretty decent surprisingly and went down to the basement like you always did to train with Michael.

"How was last night?" Michael asked, helping you lift weights on one of the machines, him standing over you and only being there in case he needed to grab the weights from you.

"Eventful. I felt like an escort for a few hours." You laughed, taking sharp breaths as you lifted the heavy weights above your head then lowering it down then raising it up again.

"Whys that?" He was curious about your answer considering he wasn't able to see what you were dressed in and he didn't know about the business trip at all. All he knew was that you and Joker had gone out together for a little bit.

"I was basically used to seduce the guy. He made me wear this tiny skin tight dress that showed my ass and almost my boobs." You rolled your eyes at the thought of wearing the dress again, although you looked great in it, it wasn't much of your taste.

Michael nodded his head, not knowing what to really say about that, instead he helped get the weights off from your hands and set it back down on the machine. Soon you were on another machine that focused on your legs, helping build strength in them for endurance or anything else relating to that.

After a few hours, you said your goodbyes and went back upstairs to eat some breakfast. The Joker was sitting at the table and eating his breakfast alone, bringing the mug up to his pale face and take a few sips of the hot coffee that sat in the mug.

You had taken a seat, putting some pancakes on your plates and taking a few bites of them, humming under your breath and grabbing your glass that you filled up with juice before drinking that as well. You could feel his eyes burn into the side of your head, making you turn to look at him.

"What?" You asked, making him shake his head and look back down at what he was reading on the piece of paper, might be a business report, you didn't know.

"Nothing." He simply said, finishing up before leaving without a word. He was acting strange and you couldn't really tell why but you decided to not press the issue.

Instead you spent this day as a way to get out and go into the city. You decided to meet up with Ivy to discuss deeper into the plans you originally both decided to speak about that one night at the club. You wanted to get this over with but at the same time you knew this was a plan that needed a very detailed description of what to do and how to do it.

"We need to know his schedule." Ivy said as you sat inside of her place, the strong smell of plants and flowers had filled your nose.

The place was beautiful, it made you feel cozy and at home with her but you knew you couldn't be seen here for too long, it would look suspicious and surely he would find out what you have been doing and planning with Ivy and Harley.

You took a few hours to discuss with them, telling them about his schedule and mentioning how his schedule changes sometimes when random things would appear. After you both finished speaking to each other, you both agreed to meet up a different day and then you left to go back to the mansion.

Joker knew you were gone and he knew where you were because his men had followed you and told him what you have been up to. At first he found it odd but he remembered you mentioned that you were friends with Ivy so he brushed it off as if it was nothing. He thought that maybe you were just visiting a friend, maybe it was something else but he couldn't be bothered to care too much about it especially when he had many business things to attend to such as business trips, exchanges, trades, drug trades, and collecting money.

The day was uneventful for the both of you. You hardly saw each other the entire day until it came to sit down and eat the dinner the people in the kitchen had prepared for the both of you.

"Where did you go today?" Joker asked as he ate his food, making your eyes look up at his messy green hair. He definitely did not try to dress or look appealing today, he couldn't care.

"I went to visit Ivy." You knew that he knew you were there so there was no need to lie about it and he definitely asked to test you to see if you would lie.

He slowly nodded his head, taking a few bites out of his food and his mind started to wonder a bit, the dinner quiet and slightly awkward. You had noticed the slight change in his behavior but you couldn't make out what it really was so you tried your best to ignore his behavior but it was difficult to not notice. It was weird for him to not be a dick or make snarky comments towards you.

"What did you do today?" You asked awkwardly, trying to spark conversation because all you were doing was talking to your own thoughts inside of your head.

"Nothing but business, unfortunately." He said plainly, not taking long to finish his food then standing up to leave to go back to his small office down the hall.

You started to think of yourself again, answering your own questions and talking to the quiet voice inside of your head. Why was he acting so weird? Was he planning something you didn't know about? Maybe he was finally going to get rid of you. You didn't know but it didn't help your paranoia and endless amount of thoughts. You kept thinking about whether or not he had some secret plan you didn't know about.

You huffed under your breath, quickly finishing and heading up to your room. You decided to take a hot bath before bed to relax yourself and ease those thoughts but instead you were in the bath, the bubbles on the surface of the water and your thoughts were running at high rates of speed that you couldn't catch up.

Your mind kept reverting back to last nights at the club, you kept thinking about the way he was looking at you, his eyes hungry and full of lust and jealousy. He noticed that he watched the man closely, watched the man's hand set on your lower back then snaking around to grip onto your right hip. It wasn't hard to see that Joker was checking you out as much as the man was, the both of them stripping you out of your dress with just their eyes.

It started to make you feel something inside of you, the look on both of their faces was something that did satisfy something in you and gave you some confidence. You knew you could be attractive and can seduce men, you have done it many times before you stole from them but it felt different when you saw how the Joker reacted only because it was odd for him to react in that way in general.

Did he really find you attractive or was it just the dress that hugged your body? You couldn't answer that.

You groaned at the stupid thoughts in your head, sinking deeper into the water until you slipped your head under the water, your eyes closed and holding your breath. The thoughts were washing away as you sat under the water for a moment, the bathroom dead silent, the only sounds were you rising up and the water splashing slightly.

You didn't know what to really do from this point further but you did think about how maybe seducing the Joker could make it easier for him to possibly take him out faster.