Chapter 42: terror

Alexis

I took a deep breath, ripping the blankets away from my cold body and slides out of bed. I don't know why I already wasn't in the mood today and I just woke up, I felt like crap and the memories of Michael flashed through my head and it made me feel even more bad how I let J shoot him, not in the head by the way, and made him bleed out there by himself. I knew the body was gonna be towards me, the cops are gonna assume since I'm not there I obviously killed the guy and that's what sucked. I slowly shuffle downstairs, grabbing something small to eat from the kitchen and walks towards the living room until I heard a phone ring in the distance. I sighed, following the sound and ended up in front of J's office and stepped inside. I grabbed the phone, answering it.
"Hello?" I lean against the desk, taking a bite out of my snack and no one answered me. All I heard was slow, deep breaths.
"Helloooo?" I said again, rolling my eyes at the childish act and soon hung up the phone then when I tried to leave, it started ringing again.
"Okay, what the fuck?" I snapped once I pressed the phone to my ear and again, no word just breathing. I slam the phone down, listening to it ring again as I walked out of J's office and went back upstairs before laying beside him in bed. I sure wasn't in the mood for some childish pranks. I was tired and stressed and I don't want to bother him with the smallest problems including a dumb ass prank call, after I finished my snack I went back to snuggling as close to him as possible while he still slept. I leaned my head against his chest with my eyes closed and I stayed there and thought. I couldn't go back to sleep and plus my thoughts were roaming around my head so crazy that I couldn't process it all at once. Being in his arms calmed me sometimes, just feeling the warmth from his body made the mood better. I move a bit, trying to get in a comfortable position and moved his arm to wrap around me.
"Stop moving." He groans and I curse under my breath for waking him up but doesn't really matter anyways.
"Sorry." I mumble, looking up at him and runs my fingertips along his jawline, the makeup on his face wiped away but stained his face. I felt him pull me close, our chest touching and my face inches away from his. He quickly pecks them and soon slides out of bed, leaving me to roll over on the spot he was laying at.
"So, this morning someone kept calling your office phone and every time I answered they didn't say anything, all they did was breathe into the phone." I cuddle his pillow, looking over at him as he slides on his sweatpants and throw on his t-shirt then turns to me.
"Maybe just some idiots trying to get some sort of a reaction." J shrugged his shoulders and runs his hand through his messy bed hair. A part of me didn't really believe that it was a joke but I convinced myself that it was so I didn't freak myself out and get over dramatic about it. I sigh, nodding my head and climbs out of bed. I wrapped my arms around him from behind and buried my face into his back as I breathe in his scent. I felt like I was home.
"Are you okay?" Joker asked and I nodded my head, keeping myself close to him.
"Kinda, my mood is just off today for some reason but I'll be fine don't worry." I pulled back to look at him and he shook his head as he crossed his arms over his chest.
"Is it about Michael?" He was stiff and emotionless, kinda regret bringing up my mood. Of course it was about Michael, I felt terrible and I couldn't forgive myself for what happened even though J kept saying he deserved it.
'If i wasn't there, he would have raped you remember that. He deserved it!' His voice screamed at me in my head and I shut my eyes tightly trying to get that out of my head.
"Of course not. He's dead, I don't care about him anymore." He somewhat believed me and kissed the top of my head before walking out of the bedroom. I followed him downstairs to his office and he typed on his computer for a moment. I was laying on the couch, bored out of my mind and when I tried to start up a conversation he replied with one word then go back to his computer and made it silent again. I didn't even notice how bored I was until I fell asleep in his office, maybe I should've gotten more sleep last night.

"Well, what do we have here?" It was pitch black, I couldn't see nothing but I swear as hell heard footsteps coming closer to me. I tried to move but I felt like I couldn't, like I was trapped and it scared me even more. Suddenly the lights turn on, bright in my eyes and I squint them then saw a glimpse of green hair.
"J?" I question, trying to look around but I didn't see anything but I did hear him growl underneath his breath, it was him.
"Don't call me that." He stepped out into the light, glaring at me with a evil grin plastered on his face. I furrowed my eyebrows and stared at him closely, soon Michael walked out behind him crossing his arms over his chest. I opened my mouth to say something but Michael beat me to it.
"Do you like it?" He chuckled, leaving me confused once again, why was I here? What did he mean?
"The new Joker, duh. He works for me now. He's basically like a dumb ass robot, following all my commands. I mean I can tell him to beat you half to death and he'll listen that's the good part about it. The love of your life, beating you to the breaking point. Remember how that felt?" Michael laughed, soon J was laughing and I start to shake my head repeatedly trying to pry myself out of the straps but I couldn't. Joker walked over to me, staring down me strapped to the cold yet ugly metal bed.
"J." I say again, wishing I could reach out for him but sadly I couldn't. He tensed up, tugging at his hair as he groans under his breath.
"I said don't call me that."

"Alexis!" My eyes shot up, looking up at J and I quickly pushed him back sitting up on the black leather couch. Everything felt real, hardly felt like I was having an nightmare. I felt every ounce of pain, everything punch, kick, stab, etc. I can still hear him screaming at me, telling me how worthless I actually was and that I wouldn't survive without him. It hurt because it was true, every single time I got caught up in something, I couldn't even help myself and had to rely on J to come and get me. It sucked.
"Hey, woah what's wrong?" He furrowed his non-existent eyebrows, trying to reach out for me again but I shook my head, trying to get the memories out of my mind but it was impossible I could honestly still feel the pain looking at him.
"Nothing, I'm fine." I mumble, running my shaky fingers through my hair and I try to get off the couch but he stopped me.
"I tried waking you up for over thirty minutes, you kept screaming and honestly the guards ran in thinking I was hurting you. What happened in your dream? Was it me? Did I hurt you?" I can see the hurt in his eyes as he tried to find emotion in mine but I was empty, I felt completely empty and that's why I felt like shit when I'm around him. It's like my mood affects his and I make him feel bad.
"Uh, I..." I held my breath, staring at his hands as they rest on top of my knees and I rub my ear against my shoulder as I mentally heard more screaming, not only my voice but his.
"I don't want to talk about it right now, okay? I just... I can't. I might just go for a walk." I slowly stand up, quickly kissing his forehead before he said anything else and rushed out of the room. I made sure to put on some comfortable clothes along with shoes before making my way out the door, the cold breeze hitting my face as I hug his sweater, that I stole, around me tightly and started to walk deep into the woods. I should be scared walking through here after my sudden nightmare but I didn't feel nervous or scared until I started to hear leaves get stepped on behind me. I turned around, seeing no one and just shrugged it off.
"What do we have here?" My eyes widen, hearing a voice and turned around to see the one and only.
"Ivy." I mutter under my breath, running my fingers through my hair as I watch her play with the plant in her hands while smiling at me.

"Ahh, Alexis. Joker's new girl right? Yeah, hi. I came to see you."

[________________________]

ITS PRETTY BAD I KNOW I JUST RUSHED THROUGH IT BC I HAVENT POSTED IN A FEW DAYS AND IM SO SORRY.
Thank you kirsten_420 for the suggestion. I appreciate it a loooot.

Anyways thank y'all for reading and voting so much. So grateful for you guys 🙏🏼

Question # 5:
Should Ivy punish J or A for Michael? Alsoooo, should Harley come in?